E46 vs E90 Dilemma

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lawsarus

Club Guest
Dear all,Recently, i relocated to Abu Dhabi (AD), UAE from Bahrain. Left most of my stuffs there and my car too. Until i get my residence visa and convert to Abu Dhabi license, i cant drive. Bringing my bimmer over here is quite tedious, lots of paper works, to Bahrain immigration & customs for relevant papers. To Saudi Arabia Embassy for a transit visa (free though). After 8 hrs driving with desert on the right and a coastline on the left. Having reach the Abu Dhabi custom, submit papers, they will re-evaluate and i need to pay 5% tax n a temporary 2 weeks insurance where my car will be converted from Bahrain to AD plate. Having said that, im thinking of selling my E46 (325i) there and buy a E90 (330i, non LCI) instead here, I prefer a sedan. I can live with a E93 if my budgets permits. While I like the E46 styling better, with some proper wheels and stance, she sounds better too. The E90 is kinda too quiet but growing a little on me. Which is a better car overall in terms of road feel, handling, and power? I'm sure the E90 is "better" but I'd prefer the hydraulic steering of the E46 to the electric assist in the E90, and I'd prefer regular tires with a spare to the run-flats and no spare. Then there's the dipstick issue. The E46 is a better BMW, more emotional, while the E90 is a better car, more efficient overall. Please advise.Cheers

Top Bottom