E46 Handling

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by Redd@Jul 19 2005, 05:12 PM
doesnt the E46 have one of those newfangled traction control thingies to prevent just this sort of scenario from occuring? i was always under the impression that u couldnt screw things up too much in the modern bimmers with the TC on unless u really tried very hard to.

redd
wrong Redd,

the car too comfy la...couldn't know whens the limit.IMHO la... :D

That particular stretch of road, like many others in KL, is uneven, with dips and bumps mid corner, which when taken at high speed, unsettles the car, and you've lost control before the TSC or DSC has any effect...

Originally posted by zaki444@Jul 19 2005, 11:43 AM
I ply that route practically daily. Just watch it when it rains. Changed to from the original Bridgestone Turanzas to 17" Falken Azenis recently. marginal improvement but still twitchy occasionally. And the ultra light steering doesnt help really.

I get all the more jittery when wife drives to Bangsar. She just floors as soon as she exits Federal Hway into Mid Valley. And she says "Woo...tak payah brake!" And here I am...freaking out big time :angry:
wah... ur wife got bigger balls...!!!! :ph34r: :blink:

that part of the bridge can be dangerous too as there could be jammed up traffic as the 2 lanes merged into one going towards bangsar....

As for the car not handling it well, the E46 has dialled in understeer and stock suspension aint gonna help at all.

About that mid valley flyover, be very, and I mean really really careful if you are taking the road very late at night or early sunday morning or any time when the traffic is very light.

I use the road everyday and one sunday morning, there was a evo7 (!) smashed up on the side.

I don't want to make wild speculations but from the story I heard, there was a tow truck that come up like 30 seconds after the accident - at 4.00am on sunday morning.

At normal times, the traffic is quite busy and chances are some one else would have caught it anybody tries to grease the road or something like that.

One of the stickiest road tires available is the Dunlop FM901 used by alot of Skyline and S15 enthusiasts here in Australia.

The Yokohama Advan Neova's as well.

Im using Continental ContiSport Contact that came with the car and its very very grippy... At least i think so?

Hehehe

Edit: I didnt read about the tow truck. Stupid m0therfcuking towtruck s0ns of b1tches. Maybe one of their counterparts will grease the road somewhere else and they will end up dying in the longkang with flies swarming all over them like the pieces of sh1t they are.

Top Bottom