E46 Error Code 211 - LLFS Jammed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hi jarance,i hate intermittent faults.it makes trouble shooting difficult and expensive,changing parts as we go along the elimination process.i have a feeling it has got to do with yr throttle control hence the following write up from the net: good luck bro.....................

The "EML" warning light in a BMW indicates a problem with the "drive by wire" throttle control system.""EML" is an acronym for "Elektronische Motorleistungsregelung". Loosely translated from the original German for the BMW owner means Electrionic Engine Power Control.

"EML" is BMW's system name for electronic throttle management. The "EML" system, in it's most basic sense consists of an accelerator pedal (with an electronic position sensor), a computer module (usu. integrated with the main engine computer), and an EDK (Elektronische Drosselklappe or Electronic throttle valve). The EDK is also known as a "drive by wire" throttle. "EDK" throttles use a computer controlled stepper motor rather than a purely mechanical linkage (usu. metal cable attached directly to the accelerator pedal) to control the opening and closing of the throttle plate.
"Drive by wire" throttles are very common on modern vehicles starting in the late nineties up through the present day. "Drive by wire" technology enables very precise throttle control to improve drivability and vehicle emissions, as well as many convenience features like electronic cruise control, traction control & stability control.

BMW first implemented "drive by wire" in very limited quantities on the most expensive & sophistocated BMW models starting in 1988.
The latest generation of advanced vehicle features to take advandage of "drive by wire" technology are radar guided cruise control, accident avoidance control, autonomous-driving, and autonomous-parking systems.

Thanks, I have check my pedal response. It look good from the response and the amount of depression by my foot.

However, have not found any way to check the electronic EDK.

[video=youtube_share;gL26cuEiGZc]http://youtu.be/gL26cuEiGZc[/video]

clavenk;819803 said:
jarance, what air mass sensor are you using? siemens? bought from ba?

Not sure whether it is from Siemens but got it from BA based on the part number.

BTW, I changed it cos it was reading high when the aircon is ON when compare to other normal readings.

I had maybe almost similar problem last week, when i dropped gear and press accelerator pedal to overtake all hell broke lose when all d warning lights were triggered, that triangle thing, ABS, EML etc. Diagnostic showed an increase in alternator volt indicator when revved, it went up to as high as 17v. Changed the alternator, now it's all good.

afalee,

thank for the info.. will definitely look into the over voltage/alternator soon.. cheer..

im having the same error but mine at rpm 2112, air mass 119 kg/h. i suspect my air mass sensor. previously got into this error before, also intermitent. But seems to solve it by using a new air mass , but now coming back again.

Update.

Have not done anything. Got 4 alarms while on the way back from Manjung to Klang.
Happen mostly while driving at around 80 km/hr.

Got fedup and change to Sport mode. Alarm did not trigger.

Filled up with V-Power yesterday. will try with different fuel to see any difference or not.

Running out of idea to try.

ahah...there you are lar unker.....

the fix is to drive in sport mode at all times....whack the bejezuz out of that feller and travel at speeds in excess of 110kmh....sumtimes we have to 'wake' the car up a bit for it to perform....he he he....

try it lar...cost is zero.....until you get the saman from pdrm or jpj hor.....cabutzz....

moots;820262 said:
ahah...there you are lar unker.....

the fix is to drive in sport mode at all times....whack the bejezuz out of that feller and travel at speeds in excess of 110kmh....sumtimes we have to 'wake' the car up a bit for it to perform....he he he....

try it lar...cost is zero.....until you get the saman from pdrm or jpj hor.....cabutzz....

Try that to let the car adapted to the new condition but did not work.

Look like sport mode is the temporary measure until determine the actual cause.

Another Update:
There is no alarm triggered while driving with V-Power petrol.. mmmm

Planning to check the connectors/cable between the EDK and DME to eliminate wiring or harness problem.

If nothing wrong with the harness, may open up the EDK to see what going inside.

BMW has an in-built TTCC module which basically tell you it is time to change to F30 328i.

Herbert;820591 said:
BMW has an in-built TTCC module which basically tell you it is time to change to F30 328i.

Dont think so. I have scan all the module and it is not install in my car. Maybe it is installed in your 530I..

last update:

Even with Shell V Power, there is the alarm triggered.

Check the wiring and connectors between the EDK(Electronic Throttle) and DME and found the wiring hardness is in good condition.

Did not do anything to the throttle body as it is completely sealed up.

(btw, have to take out the DISA, ICV to access the throttle body).

Lastest Update..

Have used the car for more than a week.. No alarm triggered. car back on Ron 95 for 2 tanks.

Did not do anything except check the wiring harness between throttle and ECU on the 4th May. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the battery was disconnect.

Hope it stay that way.

jarance;821871 said:
Lastest Update..

Have used the car for more than a week.. No alarm triggered. car back on Ron 95 for 2 tanks.

Did not do anything except check the wiring harness between throttle and ECU on the 4th May. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the battery was disconnect.

Hope it stay that way.

Jarance, check on the ECU for the timing module.
When it reaches a certain number, alarms normally go and off as it wishes. In the Service manual, they say it is time to upgrade car.

Check it out..

affan66;821881 said:
Jarance, check on the ECU for the timing module.
When it reaches a certain number, alarms normally go and off as it wishes. In the Service manual, they say it is time to upgrade car.

Check it out..

yeah, the car have reach it life span after 200k km. ok ok I am getting the hint from the car.

didnt know that there is a smart module inside the car. learn something new everyday. :burnout:

Just a small update..

Been having the error coming frequently lately. happen almost 2 to 3 times a day.

Decide to took the plunge and change the crankshaft sensor. yeah - no error detected there.

Have already change DISA, ICV, clean throttle body, change MAF, change all the hose etc but still
the error keep coming.

Bought a set of crankshaft, intake camshaft and exhaust camshaft sensor for US $39.99 and postage for US $23.95.
Have check with BA new crankshaft RM180 and camshaft (intake) RM330.

The item came within 1 week after placing order. change the crankshaft sensor yesterday.
Drove the car from Klang to Manjung and there is no alarm. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.

Keeping the camshaft sensor and will change it if the error persist.

im not sure if yours comes with this so called charcoal filter thinggy which or not ... as it's located somewhere below the petrol tank ..... maybe if you do have that ...it could be that or else best of luck upon replacing the cam shaft sensor

Top Bottom