E46 - Alarm System

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Veera

Club Guest
hello fellow UDM guys.Any idea if the BMW E46 model alaram system can be changed? If can, will Autobavaria Cntrs can do and how much it will cost?Please advice.thanks much.:wink:

just a question here... i've recently purchased a 2nd hand 320i 03/04 model.
the car alarm system does not have any kind of sound. also then unlocked using key, only main door unlocks. the rest of doors must be unlocked using a switch inside the car located around the gear knob.
is this normal?

the car alarm system does not have any kind of sound. also then unlocked using key, only main door unlocks. the rest of doors must be unlocked using a switch inside the car located around the gear knob.
is this normal?

Try to push the unlock button (at the key) a second time.

kevinpatel;728599 said:
is this normal?

Not all E46 comes with alarm but they comes with remote open/close door.

if you cannot open the door via the remote key, then your key could be out of Sync. Try to resyn it first.

I think it is not so simple to intergrate the 3rd party alarm system into the EWS system. Not to mention the sub-function of GM5 module also controlling the part of the car alarm system function. I am amazed day after day when I noticed how complicated and sophisticated BMW's system is....

You can also get the coding done (if you got the BMW Scanner 1.4.0) for visual/sound confirmation for lock/unlocking the doors.

kevinpatel;728599 said:
is this normal?

This is call comfort mode. It purposely set like this. Press second time for unlock other doors. All the remote can set differently. Meaning you can set 1st remote to be comfort mode and 2nd non comfort mode

Top Bottom