E46 Adjustable absorbers

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Insured By Mafia

Club Guest
Hello folks,

I have an intention to upgrade to adjustable..anyone had this done recently? Wat brand, cost & where?

I was quoted rm2100 for GAB by Kin Allignment@Sunway 2 weeks back..

Sent from my Lenovo A316 using Tapatalk 2

Bro Shahrezan,

yeah I went and check them out at their shop last weekend, sad thing is, from email I got quoted for Rm3.4K, but during my trip was quoted for RM3.8K (Both inclusive of absorber mountings)! :66: Wai Loong said my springs were compressed from the previous owner and might also need to consider to change it, how much for their springs, I don't know....

For that price I also went and got a quote from Auto Future design, could get the full bilstein B8 with Eibach springs for RM3.6K if i remember correctly, or the B6 Adjustable for RM3.8K (absorbers only) as well, installation inclusive.

In any case, I don't quite feel comfortable with the price Titan is going at. I remember reading one post from March 2014 that installation inclusive is RM2.6K, just a mere 7 months increase by 46% is quite alarming, despite the fact Wai Loong said that they upgraded some components in their suspension, etc.

Btw bro, been following ur "Macam Macam" thread for a while, your e46 is absolutely gorgeous man, gotta learn from you, sifu!

woww... didnt know that Titan has increase their price.Since Titan is one of our vendor, hope they can give us further explanation on the issue soon.

Thanks for following the huru hara thread .... hahaha

Bro Ken Ng, do update us on ur choice. I planned to change my suspension too, considered Titan but based on ur info, i ll definitely look for alternative too

Hi bro azel... Ya went on an interesting search around a few shops. I stumbled upon yellow speed racing and bc racing coilovers that are used by quite a few users in the US... If u search by Google there are a few reviews in other forums. Especially bc racing br series...

Nevertheless, went around a few shops and could never get an appropriate price for my budget. In the end I went for bilstein b8 for only 2650 at clovertech garage in sunway, near to mps auto.

Clovertech's workmanship is quite good... I added a pair of stock springs at the rear for 480 to raise up the car to correct the -2.5 camber angle. So in the end total 3130 net... Labour included and credit card no charge man..

Am really satisfied with their work, would highly recommend to everyone.

Currently the b8 setup and stock springs a little too hard for my liking.. but I think it's slowly getting settled and I'll have to drive another few weeks to give a full review.

Anyways I'm convinced that titan would be better than b8.. but at 3.8k I'd still have some to spare now, and that's good enough for me. =)

Hi Ken Ng,

Sorry for the late reply as we have some issue with moderators to handle the forum.

Currently we are having promotion for only BMW Malaysia owners.

For E46 is RM 3800 currently and discount price is RM 3420.

Please contact 012-3572062 (Patrick) for more info.

Thank you.

Titan,

The concern is that your price increase substantially within a one year period. RM2,600 to RM3,800.

Is this quote you gave for both springs and abs or abs only..

I'm a big fan of Titan as I used it for sometimes already on my E39. I'm thinking to switch my son's E46 B8 setup to Titan as well but after hearing they have increased the price significantly, I may have second thought. Don't tell me it is because they have moved to more up market location in Kota Damansara :)

zidee said:
I'm a big fan of Titan as I used it for sometimes already on my E39. I'm thinking to switch my son's E46 B8 setup to Titan as well but after hearing they have increased the price significantly, I may have second thought. Don't tell me it is because they have moved to more up market location in Kota Damansara :)
Oh I'm sure Titan is much more comfortable and it can be serviced if compared to B8, why don't you try and get a quote from them soon? It might differ from car to car, and besides it's been almost half a year since I quoted the price already :65: hehe!

Well I guess they visit this forum too and hear what we are talking about them :motz:

One of the reason my son's E46 required adjustable suspension is because he fit his car with E39 BBS so the offset is wider. Even he roll the fender still touches the body. B8 is just nice too but he need to increase the height.

Top Bottom