E46 318i 2004 - Alarm

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

asyiken

Club Guest
Hi Sifus! I don't know if my car has any alarm system on it. I have been told (by this site) that my car comes with only the immobiliser...no alarm. Moreover there is no blinking lights on my rear mirror. However, when the car is locked, there's a red light blinking at the dashboard panel, in between gear and panel. There is another tiny red light blinking at the radio panel.Anyway, recently I don't know what happened...the alarm sounded, really loud. Probably I pressed the lock button on the key without closing the back door.However, today I was curious and slightly close the back door and pressed the lock button. Nothing happened. I left the back door opened and surpressed the lock again. Car lock knob went down but no siren.I am confused. How come the last time it sounded so loudly and today, no trace of alarm on the car. Gee...spooky!! Hahaha... Can you guys share some knowledge please. Thanks!

asyiken,
You can confirm whether your's is fitted with alarm is to wind down the window and close the door.Arm the remote key and wait for 1 minute and put your hand into the cabin near the pillar (seat belt) and stroke a few times. If it trigger the siren then u have the system. Other than spooky tale go to Cobra (Taman Tun Dr. Ismail) for a check. Face-lift model( CKD )comes with alarm until VIN no PN 98337.

Top Bottom