E46 318i 1.9 GM 1 Gearbox Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hahhaa......wiper stolen by dawg is the correct spelling....

anyway....isit advisable to change ATF oil every 20k millage???

there is warning on my gear indicator and there is no pikup after i push hard on my car. what should i do? any advice?

JFT63;655546 said:
Every 50k interval is recommended as far as I know..

When the warning light is on, your gear 1st-3rd gears are locked and not available. You're starting your car from 4th gear minimum (if I remember correctly) that's why it lacks the pickup from low gears. Send it to your workshop and they should be able to reset it (assuming the workshop is equipped to service BMW cars). They will also be able to let you know the error code and what was the problem.

well easy fix is to buy off re-cond ones ...but the last visit to ZF has gave us some points to look out for for a start ...yehh gearbox with proper gbox oil shall be used accordingly ....

freakster;656452 said:
When the warning light is on, your gear 1st-3rd gears are locked and not available. You're starting your car from 4th gear minimum (if I remember correctly) that's why it lacks the pickup from low gears. Send it to your workshop and they should be able to reset it (assuming the workshop is equipped to service BMW cars). They will also be able to let you know the error code and what was the problem.

i Guess he drove in a limp mode..

Top Bottom