e46 316ise 2001

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

badmd

Club Guest
hi all,would appreciate some help with the above .my engine oil sensor occasionally comes on and off (each time 2secs) inspite of me topping up the engine oil ( shell fully synthetic ) before its due service in August 2007. the dipstick inidcator shows that its still within the 2 level markings and not below the minimal mark.what could be causing the problem ? for major maintennance i send the car to abm kuantan , ( last engine oil change was done there last year ) , problem in the sensor ?also have this smal fuse box like cover just below the drivers dashboard near the steering wheel which is lose andkeeps coming out.( need selotape to keep it in place )what is this ?so far no electrical problems with the car . can any expert out there give me any advice about this ? also , regarding these two things, any long term problems that i need to be on the look out for ?thanks.

bro, something to share,

the first problem u mentioned happen to me, but it was on my e36. i also was kinda worried. then i realised it was the oil sensor switch that was connected to the oil filter had snapped. everytime i drove, the wire kept touching the body or any earth triggering the engine oil light to light up. so all i needed to do was solder back the wire to the sensor switch and till now no hiccups :)

hope this helps.

oil sensor

:) thank you very much , am planning to take the car for checking the sensors,..will let you know the outcome.
plus , whats that 'thing' which i had mentioned earlier in the first post ? anything to be concern of ?
once again , thank you

Top Bottom