E39 removable side/rear blind

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

haywire

Official Member
Hi all,I am currently in the process of retrofitting an electric rear sunblind to my car, and trying to find a set of original side blinds but the asking price for the side blinds is just crazy and unreasonable. I also need to change the rear doorcard if I were to fit the original side blinds, which isnt really an option since my car have a special leather on the doorcard.So now I'm thinking of just fitting a removable side shades, but I'm looking for a proper fitting sets, not just a normal stick-on ones you find in normal shops.I've found one such product in the UK, asking price is quite steep for a set of blind/shades but they do fit perfectly and looks good. See here:http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/products_id/2748Asking price is £89.99 for a set of 6 - 2 for the rear side window, 2 for the quarter window and two for the rear windscreen. Postage is what annoys me now at £39.83 to Malaysia (on eBay listing)Thing is they are offering £9 for each extra sets, so might be a good base for a group buy if there are enough interests.I'll be letting go the 2 rear windscreen shades if I do buy this later since I have the rear electric blind.Does anyone ever seen anything else comparable to these locally? Or cheaper anywhere else?

Just called them and said that the postage to Malaysia would be £23.69. Hmmmmm...

Looks good.
too bad there is no OEM/ Genuine one for E39. what a shame.

90 quid is a bit ex giving the E90 kit ( rear windscreen and side windows) is 150 USD

Postage nowadays is like that bro.

Last time when I posted out a box of choc ( Hotel Choc ) to a chick with other stuff ( UK to Shanghai) cost me about 12 quid and that was in 2007.
With the shade, I think 23 quid registered mail/ special parcel is reasonable.

ck

£23.69 is very reasonable for me. I had second thoughts about the initial £40 postage price.

ck318ci;674354 said:
yup...

Bro, Put up some pictures when it arrives!!!!

Didn't buy it yet, bro. Trying to reason with myself why do I need RM500++ worth of what is essentially just a set of stick on blind. That didn't include the money already spent to retrofit the electric rear blind I'm doing. But to me thats worth it as it is original equipment and not to mention its coolness!

To be honest, I guess in the end I'll buy it though.

same thoughts...

I recently spent a grand on doing the highest grading tint.

Then I splashed out another 270 USD which is 680 Ringgit on a set of OE Sunshade kit

A lot of time.. is all about "coolness" albeit I think functinality and practicality has a role in this too

Like many US ang mo said: Every little bit helps to keep the sun at bay....

But my car is 90% shelthred park.... hahaha

Top Bottom