E39 Power Window Failure - HELP Needed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tee

Club Guest
All, This beautiful sunny morning, I was smiling widely and checking on my less than a week old beauty, testing the electronics, power windows and detailing the interior. Out of a sudden, my car decided to seek some bonding and attachment from her new owner. Rear Passenger Power Window gone south and adamantly sitting down there despite the motor is clonking trying to lift it up. Isn't sure what exactly could cause that. As from the clonking sound, I am guessing the motor is still operating but perhaps the regulator has reached its toll. (I could be wrong)As a temporary solution, I have pulled the mirror up and placed a support underneath. However, I want to give her the attention she's seeking. Has anyone faced this before? HELP. FYI, my model is 523i(1997)tee

It is easy work la bro..Try to DIY.

RM1200 is for whole ori set i reckon. Taiwan set only cost ~RM300.

But u have to open and check whether it is the failure of bracket.

i bought mine from a chopshop somehere in bukit raja for around rm180...and fixed it myself...

Like what bro bmw7833 said this is a normal fenomina in e39...
afterall this car is quite old right hahaha...
Mina also rear right kaput bought from a friend hahaha...:rock:

If you don't feel like DIY, buy from chop shop. Price ranges from RM180 to RM350. Unit should come with motor. Keep your current motor as a spare. Ask workshop to replace for you. They may charge RM50 to RM100 for it. As for me, DIY last week and satisfaction :)

RM1,200 is original unit with motor. Around RM300 is from Taiwan. Without motor.

zidee;824270 said:
If you don't feel like DIY, buy from chop shop. Price ranges from RM180 to RM350. Unit should come with motor. Keep your current motor as a spare. Ask workshop to replace for you. They may charge RM50 to RM100 for it. As for me, DIY last week and satisfaction :)

RM1,200 is original unit with motor. Around RM300 is from Taiwan. Without motor.
dont lah use taiwan parts...
better from chop shop...

The rear windows mostly have these issue as i think we hardly use them, try getting the set from chop shop agreed try not to use the taiwan version i wont last my friend had booth his rear windows changed to the taiwan set after 6 months kaput again.

Cheers

If got time 2moro will replace mine...
Will snap some pics and share with friends here...:rock:

Volvos525i;824791 said:
If got time 2moro will replace mine...
Will snap some pics and share with friends here...:rock:

Thanks man.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

tee;824793 said:
Thanks man.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You are welcome bro...
This DIY is not so difficult...
Just needs some tools and time...:rock:

tumpang your thread. my rear left window decided not to come down. went to optimum and the mech gave the motor a few good hit with the t-shape box head wrench. guess what, it worked! need to spank the car once in a while :p

mick123;836228 said:
tumpang your thread. my rear left window decided not to come down. went to optimum and the mech gave the motor a few good hit with the t-shape box head wrench. guess what, it worked! need to spank the car once in a while :p

Lucky for you the steel cable does not snap or the motor gone hehe

aku ada stereng lori dan bas......kau ada....

Volvos525i;836238 said:
Lucky for you the steel cable does not snap or the motor gone hehe

aku ada stereng lori dan bas......kau ada....
hehe went there with the worst case scenario in mind already :D

mick123;836241 said:
hehe went there with the worst case scenario in mind already :D

Mine rear right the cable end side crimp comes out so the cable comes out from the plastic roller that connect to the motor...
Already bought replacement earlier just replace it DIY...

Top Bottom