E39 HeadUnit Installation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

msian

Club Guest
Hi Guys, I am interested to install the Pioneer AVH-P4450BT Double Din Player in my car. I am currently using the HLA OEM Player and will be replacing it with this soon. Does anyone know where I can get a Double Din Panel/Bracket from? I also understand from the Audio Installers that they will need to do some cutting and adjustments for the aircond hoses/duct area. Anyone with some experience on this?Thanks.

Use the Janus Design bracket. Need to cut the airduct behind, its a fiddly job but looks nice once installed. If you don't cut the airduct the headunit will stick out and not flush with the fascia.

I have installed the Janus Design bracket for fariz.hashim

Why don't you consider the Hualingan or Dynavin route, no cutting needed.

haywire;773791 said:
Use the Janus Design bracket. Need to cut the airduct behind, its a fiddly job but looks nice once installed. If you don't cut the airduct the headunit will stick out and not flush with the fascia.

I have installed the Janus Design bracket for fariz.hashim

Why don't you consider the Hualingan or Dynavin route, no cutting needed.

I am actually using Hualingan now.. I realised that if I want more from my amp & subs, I need to upgrade my player for more output power.

Where did you get the Janus bracket from? How much you reckon it is?

fariz.hashim bought himself, can't remember how much was it. I only helped to install it. Need cutter, driller, dremel tool, saw...etc

Not sure if Scosche has them.

Try Elegance Audio in Kelana Jaya who brings them in.

msian;773809 said:
...if I want more from my amp & subs, I need to upgrade my player for more output power
is your reason for wanting to change headunit solely for higher output voltage or due to other reasons like functionality, sound quality, etc?

Thanks!

Will u have the contact for Elegance Audio?

Haywire, wow so you cut the ducts yourself?

erica34;773907 said:
is your reason for wanting to change headunit solely for higher output voltage or due to other reasons like functionality, sound quality, etc?

Erica, no issues with functionality. Sound is not bad too.. I just want more from my HU. Why? Thinking of getting the HLA? You are welcome to check out the sound in my car if you like, with the current set up.

i'm thinking if problem is just preout voltage, easier and probably cheaper to just add a line driver compared to changing headunit. might sound 'better' too and don't need to do any cutting... i used audiocontrol Overdrive before or u can even try the Matrix for more output channels. i'm sticking with ori bmw widescreen. prefer stock looking interior.

erica34;774146 said:
i'm thinking if problem is just preout voltage, easier and probably cheaper to just add a line driver compared to changing headunit. might sound 'better' too and don't need to do any cutting... i used audiocontrol Overdrive before or u can even try the Matrix for more output channels. i'm sticking with ori bmw widescreen. prefer stock looking interior.

hey thanks for this. my audio guy said the player itself does not have a high output power and the only way is to change the player. Can you elaborate on this line driver method?

google Audiocontrol Overdrive or Audiocontrol Matrix. they are line drivers although the Matrix is more than just a line driver. really easy to use. rca cables from the headunit go into rca inputs on the line driver and outputs from the line driver feed the inputs on the amps, i.e. it goes between the headunit and the amps. ask your audio guy. he should know... else suggest going elsewhere.

My original HU is Widescreen navigation - do I need to cut the air duct - what will be the impact to the air cond system?

msian;773809 said:
I am actually using Hualingan now.. I realised that if I want more from my amp & subs, I need to upgrade my player for more output power.

Where did you get the Janus bracket from? How much you reckon it is?

So, r u going to sell your Hualingan? PM me your best offer...thanks

Top Bottom