e39 eibach springs install

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
finally installed the eibach pro kit springs (used) to my ride.bought it off a forummer a month back(tks YOKE) for rm700.i had earlier replaced the front dampers about 2 months ago as it was leaking.took the liberty to replace the rear dampers together with this spring install. the front absorbers was removed by yours truly and sent to the shop for the spring swap as the spring tension was too much for my tiny rm18 spring compressor to handle and also the top nut was too tight to unscrew.the shop air gun did it in 5 secs.both front springs was swapped over in 15 mins,all the time under my supervision of crs. the front absorbers requires only the steering tie rod ends disconnection, for removal.of crs the hub that clamps the damper requires loosening.the whole absorber then is tilted outwards and pulled out.this sounds simpler than it really isby the way . the rear absorbers however,requires the rear seat and seat back removal,the C piller inner trim piece and the rear shelf removal plus the speaker housing removal just to access the top portion of the absorber. the lh absorber requires the fuel system vapour container(charcoal canister) removal and the rh absorber requires the petrol filler neck out of the way.oh yes,i met up with mr "car alarm horn" in the vicinity. the eibach springs are shorter BUT have the same number of wounds (albeit slightly longer) than the originals.installation for the rear springs are much easier and done with my body weight and does not require the spring compressor. verdict - the soft "go to sleep pliant and posh ride "of the ori e39 is no longer.meet mr "i'm designed to whack corners".the ride is still as good at ori but sudden road irregularities are felt.where the ori absorbs,these springs absorbs half,so you will feel the 'bump'. anyways at 220km/h,the stability is amazing.it feels very much more planted at speed. car looks much better lowered.overall - worth the rm and sweat and the "day after body aches"...(yes i'm old):sleep:

rear wheel gap reduction is not as dramatic as the fronts......

anyways...this shot just taken 5 mins ago....sori la.night shot

Moots.. the night shot memang bling bling with the rims..

cool...

bmw7833;503284 said:
So the rear wheel arch is higher than front, right?

It needs a week or 2 to fit on it's own with the full weight properly. MOOts post your car pics in a week.

bros....the springs i bought used.the PO had it for 1.5 years so there's no issue of it 'settling' down further.for the rears i replaced the dampers and the lower spring rubber pad only and the rest was re-used.and for info all this was diy at home out on the car porch.

moots;503773 said:
bros....the springs i bought used.the PO had it for 1.5 years so there's no issue of it 'settling' down further.for the rears i replaced the dampers and the lower spring rubber pad only and the rest was re-used.and for info all this was diy at home out on the car porch.

:eek: U do it by your own? :adore:

bimmer73;503300 said:
It needs a week or 2 to fit on it's own with the full weight properly. MOOts post your car pics in a week.

Yeap, agreed with the comment. Bro Moots, it needs a while before it settle down to its proper height. One other thing, you took your car to 220km you son of a gun ... Tada Takut ka.

Nice meeting you, and glad you like the eibach

bimmer73;503300 said:

if it is eibach.. it would never settle down.. that is the height that u get. A good spring is design and manufactured to last at least 10 years everyday driving. Eibach gives something like 1,000,000 mile or something. its the damper which leak and settle.

I have tried the eibach springs. Superb handling but i still perfer the standard in front because the Eibacj front spring rate is a little low therefore giving a very sporty look but almost unusable... always scratch the ramp.

My combi now is front standard, rear eibach. All round titans.. so you can get that look where the rear tyre almost slipping into the reaf fender and front still have about 2-3 fingers height. I get good comfort and still not dodging potholes or ramps.. most importantly , i am suprise how balance is the handling. very neutral.

Alan

Top Bottom