E39 brake pad

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zidee

Hi,My E39 brake pad warning light appear.1. How do I know the which side (front or rear) that need change?2. How do I know whether is the sensor itself need replacement or the brake pad (sensor about RM38)3. What will be a typical brand of brake pad good enough for normal ride? One posting before he change the front brake pad for RM370. Not sure what brand.Thanks

1. U can tell with bare eye, bro. Less than half cm then time for replacement.
2. Normally if the warning light up, it is about time to change the brake pad.
3. Textar and Jurid, both are OEM part cost half from ori price.

bro.. this is what happened to my Textar after 2 months ? 2 times jammed brakes and felt strange during applying brakes

i'd recommend original for safety reasons.. :top:

DSC02700.jpg

DSC02706.jpg

BRAKE PAD____do USE ORIGINAL PARTS NO OEM PLEASE... YOUR LIFE AND MY LIFE ON THE ROAD, NOT TO MENTIONS OTHER ROAD USER TOO.

I hv no problem on my Textar BP all round twice a week to Genting so far so good for me.

I've been using EBC Green Stuff for more than a year now, too much brake dust deposited on front rims. Couldn't recall ori bp will give so much dust or not.

1. How do I know the which side (front or rear) that need change?
- most likely the front as the fronts will wear out first
- remove the LH front wheel,turn the wheel to the right and you will see the brake pad and
the pad wear sensor thru the peep hole at the back of the brake caliper.

2. How do I know whether is the sensor itself need replacement or the brake pad (sensor about
RM38)
- the sensors are normally replaced together with the pads.so if the light is now on,the pads
are worn.buy the sensor together as it is relatively cheap.

3. What will be a typical brand of brake pad good enough for normal ride? One posting before he
change the front brake pad for RM370. Not sure what brand.
- Coincidently I replaced my front pads yesterday.the previous worn pads were TEXTAR and
they wear out ok.i got replacement TEXTAR as well.RM150 for the set at Bav Auto.

Usually when the warning comes up on the dash, you will need to change the sensor as well. Once the warning appears the sensor kaput already.

If you change the pads before the sensor gives any warning then u dont need to change the sensor.

i just got my worn out brake pad changed to textar. Crossing finger hope it doesnt jam.
Out of curiosity, when brake jam shouldnt it be because of the caliper and not the pads itself ?

for my case it did not jam..it just felt like losing braking grip after a hard drive full accelerating and full stopping, felt like no brakes when you step on it, sort of overheated. I took the trouble to dis-assemble it just to check it and found the cracks, but its not too long ago when i replaced it!

if you go to Bavarian Auto, get the textar and the original pads on the table, try to compare the weight of both.. i dont think i wanna kedekut on 100+ bucks for the safety of my heavy e39 and most of all my life ! ..but this is only my opinion and and my choice.. everybody has their own and i respect that..

peace out

I decided on Textar. Bought at Auto Bavaria for RM150 for front wheel. Sensor RM28. Install at Optimum. So far so good. Rear pad good for another 2 months perhaps.

Top Bottom