E39 525i engine failsafe programe

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vincent

Club Guest
I have funny problem;

1. Car moving at 1900rpm and the fault will come in, very consistent .
2. Check with diagnostic machines says is due to icv problem, but icv just change a month ago.
3. After the engine failsafe kick in the car will have no power feels like in a limp mode. A restart will solve this problem instanly.

Has anyone here had the same problem and done something to solve it ? Your help is much appriciated tq .

Hi Herbert ,
What make you think is the TC problem? in fact i was thinking of that as well, but the TC and the whole GB was replace exactly 1 year ago , is was a refurbish at rm 7k last .

Did you had the same exprerience before ?

thanks for your input .

Vincent,

Your engine seems to be running fine except when power is transferred to the auto gear box via the torque converter, the problem occurred. You mentioned you replaced your GB. Was it a re-conditioned unit or you actually overhauled the GB? Re-conditioned unit or overhauled does not necessary mean torque was replaced/overhauled. I do have a overhauled spare 2.5 ZF torque converter (from my e39 525i) if you which to test it out.

thanks for your kind help and if needed i will get the TC from you thanks in advance.

Bro..try swap your MAF first. I know mcm tak logic je..but its works for me

Is it trans failsafe or engine faisafe? If transfailsafe i believe could be the transmission/aka gearbox switch faulty.

mtigo,
MAF!! nevermind i will try that first as i have another e46 same engine i may try that out first . thanks man.

dr78,
is engine failsafe not transmission .

Top Bottom