E39 523i M52TU heavy acceleration problems

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

suren2485

Club Guest
Hi guys, I'm having issues with my ride, sometimes when i accelerate the RPM climbs but the car doesn't go fast, scanned for error no fault found. I updated the ECu to a newer version but i don't see any major improvement, i read is some other forums many say it could be the vanos seals. Any thought on this guys. Thanks in advance

I have never encountered such issue..any prob with idling? Or just the acceleration?

suren2485;817262 said:
Hi guys,

I'm having issues with my ride, sometimes when i accelerate the RPM climbs but the car doesn't go fast, scanned for error no fault found. I updated the ECu to a newer version but i don't see any major improvement, i read is some other forums many say it could be the vanos seals. Any thought on this guys.

Thanks in advance

Bro,
Have you ask your mechanic to synchronize your engine and gearbox setting?

JFT63 - idling is perfect

ajimin - how to sync engine and gearbox, do you mean clearing the adaptive value for DME and gearbox ?

suren2485;817262 said:
Hi guys,

I'm having issues with my ride, sometimes when i accelerate the RPM climbs but the car doesn't go fast, scanned for error no fault found. I updated the ECu to a newer version but i don't see any major improvement, i read is some other forums many say it could be the vanos seals. Any thought on this guys.

Thanks in advance

Very unlikely it is vanos seals. Most likely it is the torque converter.

ajimin;817484 said:
Bro,
Have you ask your mechanic to synchronize your engine and gearbox setting?

Wonder how does the mechanic synchronize the engine with the gearbox setting? Using what diagnostics tool....GT1?

Herbert;817566 said:
Very unlikely it is vanos seals. Most likely it is the torque converter.

Wonder how does the mechanic synchronize the engine with the gearbox setting? Using what diagnostics tool....GT1?

Our OM Shukok have same problem before on his E60, change the vanos seal but still the problem not fix...finally he DIY using software..mabye GT1. not very sure you need to ask him detail.

Hi Suren,

This sounds like a torque converter issue. Engine speed does not match the output. Check that first.

If RPM climbs but car does not go, cud be torque converter or your gearbox clutches are worn.

Top Bottom