e38 with Titan shocks

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ssmann

Club Guest
Friends,Changed my stock standard 16" ride to 18" 2 months back. Shocks were standard and really felt floaty and hard to control. Explored options on shocks incl Bilsten B8, Eibach's and others. My good friend Vincent then told me about Titan's and we went to pay them a visit. After seeing their facilities and the knowledge displayed by the boss Richard and his son Wai Loong and a test drive in a recently installed Titan on a Hilux, I was convinced that these guys knew what I wanted!!! If nothing at all, go for the ride in the Hilux with Wai Loong, you'll love it!!!!!On Monday, Wai Loong picked my car from home in Shah Alam and started to work on the car Tuesday. By Wednesday 4pm, the car was ready. I picked it up 8pm last nite and gave it a good run from S17 PJ on the NKVE to Shah Alam. Initial response - nice!!! Firm, responsive and direct feel. :rock: Cornering was good too, although at extremely high speed 160km/h breaking into a 90 degree turn proved a little challenging and could feel a little drift!!!!! Maybe am expecting too much??? hehehehheheThis am, rode from home to work on the highway. Felt good. Alot firmer from what I was used too, but responsive. Comfort is not 100%, but that was always going to be compromised on the low profile anyway.Verdict - I like what I feel so far. Needs more testing. Watch this space.....Cheers - S

Good job bro! They do pick ups? That's good new as I can't seem to find the time to go over there...

Mind sharing the damage to the wallet?

ssmann;524330 said:
Cornering was good too, although at extremely high speed 160km/h breaking into a 90 degree turn proved a little challenging and could feel a little drift!!!!! Maybe am expecting too much??? hehehehhehe

hehehe... I think is more the tyres going past its grip limit rather than the shocks... any noticeable body roll while doing that maneuver?

Bro Andrew,

Thanks! I believe I need to reconsider my tyre choice. I took the cheap option when changed to 18". Went with Kenda tyres 245/45/18 which were only RM400 a pop!!!! Compared to regular brands starting at RM750 onwards. Thread looked awesome and I thought give it a shot la. Now, I think not so wise choice, as the grip feels poor in the rain and subconciously, I am not confident. So am going to change to Michellin PS2 235/50/18 next week. Hard to get better then that unless going on P Zero or top grade European made!!

As for the Titans, it cost RM2,800. This is standard price for their shocks I am told. Good thing is they will adjust height and stiffness to suit your taste. Get 2 free services and the shocks are serviceable, so technically can last a long long time. I do not think these guys are going anywhere soon, seeing that they are getting more and more popular.

Man, i'm feeling the pain!!!! Tomorrow, am detailing interior with complete refurbish of interior trims that are fading and also considering full leather upholstery. Ouuccchchhhhh. Know where I can refurbish rims? How much???

Body roll, not tested yet. I think the shocks do a great job there. I need to sort out tyres to make a 100% assessment.

And yes, 160km/h slamming into 90 degree bends, nice feeling, but man.....getting too old for that la. I actually get a little concious these days, compared to before!!!!!:slug:

Kevster - must do TT soon, but wait la till my project is complete. Mid June sounds right :rock:

Guys,
I too changed my absorbers to Titan about three weeks ago. It is owesome man. Serjit, I think you have to let it settle in for about a week, it will lower itself. On sunday on my way back from Ipoh, I felt a world of diference especially on high speed, braking and cornering. By the way I'm on 19" Conti Sport 2 255/40R in fron and 285/35ZR at the back. Wai long & Richard had problems getting my alligment correct but eventually got it perfect.
Ya guys we need to do TT soon as I have missed the 2 earlier ones. Sifu, Vincent what say you.
In btw I need to change my side mirrors, currently cracked and non folding. Wanted to change to the folding one. Any comments on the replica ones, WRC said the can bring it in for me at the cost of RM1,600 (folding up type) including relay (stuff behing the passenger door). Need advise on this please.
Suresh

Serjit, good to now you like those Titans set up. Yes, let them set in for about a week, then decide whether you need further tune up. By driving the car, you can actually feel that the suspension set up actually speaks/connects with you as to whether you like the performance or firmness/comfy of the ride.

Been thinking about a TT session too, let me check the calendar and come back to you guys on this.

Bimmer38, there are original folding mirrors at the chop shop. I believe the wiring is already in place. You will needs to get two other things i.e. driver side control switch panel and passenger side mirror control module. Better to get these originals than Taiwanese after market.

If need my help just give me a call 016-2258831

Thanks Vincent. I also saw the side mirrors in the chop shop. But could not find the control module (Relay behind the door pannel) Maybe will go there again this weekend. Do you know how much is this new module.
Also I see Vincent you have picked up your Beisan. Have you installed it. Lets us know mate. I'm thinking of going now to pick mine up.

I know where to get those module. Can't really remember about the price but I think it's RM200 or there about. Call me or sms will direct you to the chop shop in Selayang.

Beisan, not installed yet but will definately post remarks once done.

BimmerE38;524416 said:
Thanks Vincent. I also saw the side mirrors in the chop shop. But could not find the control module (Relay behind the door pannel) Maybe will go there again this weekend. Do you know how much is this new module.
Also I see Vincent you have picked up your Beisan. Have you installed it. Lets us know mate. I'm thinking of going now to pick mine up.

Looks like 18" for E38 is only entry level.

BimmerE38;524398 said:
Guys,
I too changed my absorbers to Titan about three weeks ago. It is owesome man. Serjit, I think you have to let it settle in for about a week, it will lower itself. On sunday on my way back from Ipoh, I felt a world of diference especially on high speed, braking and cornering. By the way I'm on 19" Conti Sport 2 255/40R in fron and 285/35ZR at the back. Wai long & Richard had problems getting my alligment correct but eventually got it perfect.
Ya guys we need to do TT soon as I have missed the 2 earlier ones. Sifu, Vincent what say you.
In btw I need to change my side mirrors, currently cracked and non folding. Wanted to change to the folding one. Any comments on the replica ones, WRC said the can bring it in for me at the cost of RM1,600 (folding up type) including relay (stuff behing the passenger door). Need advise on this please.
Suresh

Guys,

Thanks for all the comments and input! Appreciated.

Now for some news.....

After some serious contemplation and weighing all the options before me, decided to re-engineer the entire interior of the car!!!!! It's now at the restorer. Here's whats agreed to be done: -

1. Repaint all vinyl and restrore all scruffs and door side steps
2. Completely restore door cushion lining
3. Completely restore master carpet
4. Complete restoration of lower dash and centre console and arm rest
5. Full genuine leather upholstery including re-padding seats

Now for the interesting bit.....

Choice of colour is black on red leather seats and side panels to match exterior!!!!!:thefinger:

Or....the subtle ori cream coloured interior to give it the all time classic luxury look and feel???

Pls vote:rock:

Timeline = 14 days, to be collected on 9th June 2010. I can't wait:smokin:

Will start a new thread on the restoration now and post before pics, process pics and after pics

Need some info as follows: -

1. Rims refurbishing = where to do and how much???
2. Window tinting = want to change current tint for more current look. Apart from Vkool and RikeCool...any other cost effective suggestions?

Thanks - S

Hi ssman,

Wow! Big project. Do you mind telling where you have sent your car for the interior job?

Thanks.

Central Cushion, Kepong. Try the search function. There are some write up by other members who had used their services.

Han Azman;524949 said:
Hi ssman,

Wow! Big project. Do you mind telling where you have sent your car for the interior job?

Thanks.

Hi bro Han Azman,

Yes Vince is right....the car is @ Central Cushion Kepong. I spent alot of time searching for the right restorer. Some too expensive and just did not have the personal touch. Like ordering a McDonald's set meal is their attitude!!!! Others, maybe can manage a Persona or Vios.....no way on earth I would let them touch an E38. These Central Cushion guys, especially the owner Chew, is very personal and know their stuff. Just spend sometime looking at the cars that come in and how they manage the job.

I went to Newton's and they can do my job in 1 day!!!! Imagine ripping out the car and putting it all back in 1 day???? Imagine the work........I dont dare la.

Rgds - S

Thanks ssmann/Vincent. Yes I have been to central @Kepong a couple of months ago. Was thinking of rewraping my interior but after the boss had a look at it, he advises that as the condition of leather was still good, sanding (?) and re dying would do the job. Was pretty impressed with his honesty and line up of cars at the shop.
Incidently, I sent my rims for refurbishment at Speedline Kota D'sara. Was told that the rims would be done somewhere in Selayang. Had little/no choice as needed a set to drive the car home which speedline provided. Cost -RM500 for refurb and respray to hyper silver inclusive for the loan set of wheels. RM80/rim if bengkok. It will take a week and hope to get them back on wednesday.

Fellows, any idea if Titans make shocks for e32? But i am only prepared to buy set for the rear, to replace my hydrolic ones. Front is still okey.

Yes they do. Wai Loong (Richard's son) told me that he had done a few todate......

Cheers - S

Top Bottom