e38 740il suspension

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

clipguy

Club Guest
hi guys just wanna find out from the members, anyone knows if the standard gas shock absorbers from 728i fits into an e38 740iL with edc and sls? i dont mind lossing edc and sls. cheers guys

Maybe u can ask kadir_rashid, i think his car also changed to normal absorber from the 'wired' type absorber

clipguy;567814 said:
hi guys just wanna find out from the members, anyone knows if the standard gas shock absorbers from 728i fits into an e38 740iL with edc and sls? i dont mind lossing edc and sls. cheers guys

YaZmEeN;567953 said:
Maybe u can ask kadir_rashid, i think his car also changed to normal absorber from the 'wired' type absorber

Hi,

Yazmeen is right.Mine was converted to normal absorbers, to me, its more reliable, handles better, and you can do countless upgrades to your suspension and improves your handling.

I suppose if it can be done to my car, then its also possible for yours. Just make sure that you have a well experience mechanic to carry out the work.

I can recommend you to my mechanic, very well experience in German & other continental cars. He has all the right tools including the softwares for all BMWs

Private message me if you want to know more.....:listen:

I would prefer using normal absorbers but finally ended with " wired " one fixed to my 728 which is very expensive. In the first place ,having problem to fix the normal one because the ori rear coil spring could not lock in .....the shaft is slightly shorter. not sure if the item is correctly supplied to me . .....my mistake for not getting opinion from forumers first.

The cheaper and better replacement would be a set of customised absorbers from Titans. These absorbers can be set for performance or comfort and they can be serviced. In the long run, it's much cheaper. A set of 4 is around RM2.8K only.

I have been using Titans on my E38 for 8 months now and have no complains. What Titans does is customised absorbers and use the old springs. They compress the spring to lower the car. Initial I had some problems with the springs where it was making noise but now titan has retified it. the good thing about titan is they are father and son team and always gives personal attention. Really friendly chaps and very knowledgeable it what they do. I will definately recommend them.

whom do i talk to regarding the titan shocks? is there a contact number? thanks

clipguy.. go titan .. you will not regret..

Tell richard Alan E32/E38/E39 send you there..

alantiong;573529 said:
clipguy.. go titan .. you will not regret..

Tell richard Alan E32/E38/E39 send you there..

Wah!!!! im impress, so many bmw. can borrow your E39? hehehehe

Thanks to all the help, in the process of arranging towing to titan premises . Hopefully will be ready soon

just spoken to richard.. he is waiting for you.. :)

kadir, my E39 just sold... to a BMW mechanic.. believe it or not.. at 10% more than market price.. heheheh :)

alantiong;573808 said:
just spoken to richard.. he is waiting for you.. :)

kadir, my E39 just sold... to a BMW mechanic.. believe it or not.. at 10% more than market price.. heheheh :)

I believe bro. Your mechanic appreciates your car. The additional 10% is for premium as he is buying a well maintained car.

Now, i need to go rob a bank to get me a E39, would love to play around with it. Talking about good investment strategy, hahaha

topic about clip guy asking for the absorber setup....hehe

just met him at my office...all best bro!

Top Bottom