E36 rotary light switch

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

LCP

Club Guest
Mine's sometimes hard to rotate from one position to another, afraid that one day it will jam in one of the "on" positions... how much is this part brand new, and is it easy to DIY the change... Part no. from online ETK is 61311393396, dunno whether correct or not...

new i think around 150 if i not mistaken .....

i got one used in good condition.......

Lionel_Koh;261008 said:
new i think around 150 if i not mistaken .....

i got one used in good condition.......

if you r selling, pls pm me. thanks

Safrul,

please guide me how to dismantle it. I need to lubricate mine. thanks

Oops, too late, I just changed mine an hour ago... RM168 for the part and RM30 for labour (labour is expensive here in Penang)... And guess what, I just found out that the switch illumination bulb (the one the lights up all the light and foglamp icons) stays on the moment the key is turned on... reason given by my mech is no need to grapple/fondle/raba-raba in the dark when you suddenly find yourself in a dark area (eg. entering an unlit basement). The bulb on my old switch must have blown.

Spraying WD40... if too much would that interfere with the electrical contact?

Btw Strider, the knob can be pulled out, then you will see a plastic size 22 nut holding the switch. I think you may spray a bit of lubricant on the shaft. Damn why didn't I think of this first?

Yep, confirmed from my Haynes service manual electrical schematics (page 12-21) that the little illumination bulb on the switch will stay lit the moment the ignition key is turned on...

Top Bottom