E36 original or taiwan/china windscreen?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

azadhamid

Club Guest
To all sifu's,Im in a midst of replacing a new E36 windscreen. From what i've been told by speciallist. There is only two type in market which is "original but made in malaysia = RM750" and "import from taiwan = RM650". Both including installation, repair and all.The diff only 100, i would go for original. As they say its better than taiwans.But i might wanna save as if i by my own at bavaria? any idea how much it is now?To transport the screen i hv own transport, only then installation only 150.Thanks

I changed mine and the windscreen is double layer made from thailand. If im not mistaken it costs rm400. Thanks to my windshield insurance, im changing it every 2 years :top:

well ezzo, i didnt insurred the screen... dxxmn. made frm thailand, you would say its ori or not, do you have any glare problem?..

So far no probs bang... no glare and the guys fixed the windshield without any leak. Try visit dr.cermin shop. I had severe stonechip but now not anymore.
Talking originality, i think susah nak cari original windscreen knowing E36 is a discontinued model. So, other glass company would create replacement part for this model.

yeap, correct. but which is better tu yg nk tau, ori malaysian made or others (3rdparty). you insurred ure screen how much every year?

So far im not relly care which country produce as long as it is double layer. Singke layer tak tahan la bang. Kene batu kecik whole windscreen retak. Insurran about rm125 kot. Forgot la

ooo, can we see any different of single and double layer phisically. or there is a spec on the screen itself, kalau dkt bavaria mesti ada la kan.

U can see the windshld is like kuih lapis. Bottom glass, middle is tinted and top glass again. These item were bonded togethr. I think u can find the video making of wndshld at utube

Talking about modern cars windscreen, which are glued to the body instead of using rubber gaskets for cars of yesteryears..... The factory fitted
w/scrn is glued with special type OEM std glue /silicon, dispensed by robots for consistency. Modern cars, glued w/scrn also functions as part
of the bodyshell, which adds rigidity to the whole thing, and also during accidents, there is much lower risk for the w/scrn to detach.

Many owners with w/scrn insurance coverage always want to utilise the insurance to replace the w/scrn, which is wrong, even for small damage/chip, which can be repaired. Small chips/cracks should be repaired asap to avoid the cracks from getting longer. Replace the w/scrn only as a last resort.
http://www.cbt.com.my/2012/02/16/malaysias-car-ownership-cost-and-windscreen-repairs/

Top Bottom