E36 engine conversion/trasplant...any idea?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

EvolutionGun

Club Guest
Hello!! to all our otai2 & taiko2 in this forumers. I'm just a newbies here & very appreciate if the forumers can help me on giving tips, idea, advise, pro & con for conversion/transplant E36 stock engine to ANY TURBO engine such as 1JZ, RB20, RB25, RB26DETT OR maybe any SUPERCHARGE unit that maybe suitable for this lovely E36. I really hope someone can help me on this, please advise me.....:7:Thanks!!:67:

First of all welcome to the club.

As for transplant, I have seen many conversions done with transplanting a Jap engine into the E36. Some were tastefully done, and some were just bad!

I would advise you not to transplant a Jap engine into the E36 due to legal issues. If you still keen on a turbo charged ride, get a Cefiro A31 :)

AS for the E36, the best bet for forced induction is to get it supercharged, have seen quite a few lately. There is very little space to install a turbo given the fact that the inline 6 potter is actually slightly inclined to lower the center of gravity. This will also, slow the return oil flow to the oil sump given the height difference between the turbine and oil sump to be insufficient.

Cheers

Yeah....you're right sir..I also thinking on just to plug the Super Charge into it...Any idea where is the recommended place to do this sir?

P/S: Do you know anyone that own a E36 coupe & wanna let go it? I wish to own this model......hu..hu..hu:rolleyes:

ALBundy;353515 said:
First of all welcome to the club.

As for transplant, I have seen many conversions done with transplanting a Jap engine into the E36. Some were tastefully done, and some were just bad!

I would advise you not to transplant a Jap engine into the E36 due to legal issues. If you still keen on a turbo charged ride, get a Cefiro A31 :)

AS for the E36, the best bet for forced induction is to get it supercharged, have seen quite a few lately. There is very little space to install a turbo given the fact that the inline 6 potter is actually slightly inclined to lower the center of gravity. This will also, slow the return oil flow to the oil sump given the height difference between the turbine and oil sump to be insufficient.

Cheers

bro, if you used the rb25-rb26 engine.. during raining time better you get a taxi la.. haha.

hmm

if u keen to modify the machine, why not just give it a try buy a 318ci and convert to M3 engine or 330i/ci or old M5 engine..go supercharge after or use management ecu..

if u still fancy japanese machine,dont go SR20 too small, dont go for 1JZ@2JZ too big and problem unless u want to play DRAG, if u want to drive daily/ weekends drive just go for RB25 or Rb20 with RB25 turbine..that is what my fren has done to his E36. but be careful when u drive the monster :)..but my advice is..just stick to UDM machine..the taste still a lot diff...

Good Luck Mate :)

laneza;354269 said:
if u keen to modify the machine, why not just give it a try buy a 318ci and convert to M3 engine or 330i/ci or old M5 engine..go supercharge after or use management ecu..

if u still fancy japanese machine,dont go SR20 too small, dont go for 1JZ@2JZ too big and problem unless u want to play DRAG, if u want to drive daily/ weekends drive just go for RB25 or Rb20 with RB25 turbine..that is what my fren has done to his E36. but be careful when u drive the monster :)..but my advice is..just stick to UDM machine..the taste still a lot diff...

Good Luck Mate :)

Thanks bro for a very usefull information here...really appreciate it.:top:

Top Bottom