E36 318i Brake Caliper upgrade...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gwumpkus

Club Guest
Hi friends!how big a brake caliper/disk can the 318i take pls? thinking of swapping in biger calipers...but not sure if i have to change the entire spindle/control arms..i know that if i were to put in the M3 ones, the whole setup will have to swap out...many of u will prob have already done this...any advice?..:)Also, have been told that the 7-series brake booster pump can be retrofitted into the E36 for slightly better braking power... anyone's got some tips to share too?..:)thanx!cheers!michael

if u use M3 brakes, u just need to change the complete wheel knuckle together with the caliper, brake disc & pad. absorbers can stay on the chassis.

rear u just need to change the rear brake caliper and brake disc

u can actually put in e46 328i front and rear brake caliper & disc
where it is direct fit onto e36.

with e46 328i brake caliper, dics & pad. All 4 ventilated disc around your ride. :nyehehe:

i just got myself e46 330i front brakes, don't know wherther can this caliper, disc & pad can directly fit onto e36 knuckle or not..

will let you know after i try it out.

Ciaoz..

serious ah??..direct fit from the e46 calipers/disks???..hahhah.. got lobang to get some or not??..:)..hahah..:)

thanx man...u da man..

:rolleyes: Yeah Kinaka, got lubang or not for this 328 E36/E46 Caliper and disc. Can share ka

:D I have i pair complete set of E-36 328 front brake. You guys wanna have it?

Originally posted by Donald@Feb 24 2006, 12:01 PM
:D I have i pair complete set of E-36 328 front brake. You guys wanna have it?
i'm keen....:).. pm me what u're looking at pls?..thanx..:)

btw, i would need the mounting brackets as well eh?..:).. is that included ?..thanx..:)

What's the point?

Not like e46 330 brakes and/or e46 M3 brakes are any good- they'll both fade after 3 laps of Sepang.

Plus, the calipers/discs don't look any different either.

On the road, even "lowly" 318 brakes will be sufficient.

Please don't waste your money this way. If you wanna do bling and really increase performance, get a proper BBK.

agreed!!!

it will cost around 1.5k to 2k for a conversion like this. for a little more, you can contact one of our forumers who is selling a set of AP racing bbk. that should be a better choice than this.

Cheers

hmm..useful advice..:)..

i was just looking at a minimal-fuss-bolt-on brake upgrade for as little money as possible..:)..

anyideas who happens to be selling them AP bbk's pls? pm pls?..:) thanx..:)

cheers!

Originally posted by Zoggee@Feb 25 2006, 03:42 PM
aiyoo.... :beaten:

just get the Ate Powerdisc la...enuf la.
hahaha... ya ate power disc is good after try it on the nelsone's e30...

Originally posted by leforte@Feb 25 2006, 04:44 AM
agreed!!!

it will cost around 1.5k to 2k for a conversion like this. for a little more, you can contact one of our forumers who is selling a set of AP racing bbk. that should be a better choice than this.

Cheers
1.5K to 2.0K can buy few sets of e46 328 caliper already lol

4K can buy a complete set of AP racing BBK ??

Originally posted by The Necessary@Feb 25 2006, 12:38 AM
What's the point?

Not like e46 330 brakes and/or e46 M3 brakes are any good- they'll both fade after 3 laps of Sepang.

Plus, the calipers/discs don't look any different either.

On the road, even "lowly" 318 brakes will be sufficient.

Please don't waste your money this way. If you wanna do bling and really increase performance, get a proper BBK.
I agreed.

In fact, that incident happened on an E46 M3 but not E36 318i with e46 M3 brakes... :ph34r: :ph34r:

How come this M3 don't supply fix caliper.. such a hassle..

Top Bottom