e36 318 - of spark plugs and minor improv

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rizal78

Club Guest
all,i saw this ad for bosch platinum spark plugs. can this be an upgrade for the ones i currently use - the normal bosch (my bad for not knowing the parts model becos always take for granted when go service).also, am thinking of getting a K&N drop in airfilter. i saw one for rm265.00, will this help performance/maintenance or will this just be unnecessary upgrade?while we are at it, i really appreciate any recommendation for minor upgrades for a stock e36 to improve on the existing specs (electrical, bushings, lubricants, lightings, etc...).thank you and regards,rizal78

this is just my two sen worth....it depends upon what you see as an improvement, personaly i wouldnt muck about with it airfilters etc, in my experience all it does is upset the ecu and other sensors.

also ive heard things like angel eye lights 'upgrades' can throw fault codes too.

im leaving my car totaly standard because i reckon BMW know what they are doing..... (it also took me ages to find an e36 that hadnt been 'upgraded') companys like proton etc almost expect you to improve the car, and sell cars in need of much improvement, i do not believe BMW does the same.

use the best tyres, oils and the correct grade of fuel....you cant go wrong with that

rizal78;582639 said:
all,

i saw this ad for bosch platinum spark plugs. can this be an upgrade for the ones i currently use - the normal bosch (my bad for not knowing the parts model becos always take for granted when go service).
also, am thinking of getting a K&N drop in airfilter. i saw one for rm265.00, will this help performance/maintenance or will this just be unnecessary upgrade?
while we are at it, i really appreciate any recommendation for minor upgrades for a stock e36 to improve on the existing specs (electrical, bushings, lubricants, lightings, etc...).

thank you and regards,
rizal78

e36 318 can't really get you anywhere far interms of power ..would be better if you upgrade the outer look of the car ..new wheels etc etc

thank you for your 2 cents guys...
my idea of minor improv is somehting like no change on the original specs of the car yet to get better and more reliable parts. but if this is a money waster then i will scrap this idea.
thank you sifus.

oh.. and of course i would love to upgrade the look of my car. at the moment i only have angel eyes and the red and white rear lamp.

It is not much worth spending on performance of a 318i (SOHC, 4 cylinders), since it wouldn't make much of a difference even if you change the air filter and exhaust to a performance based on. I have also heard about people putting turbo (cost around 2k), to increase the acceleration, but I am not sure how much is the improvement in the pickup.

The best thing you can do is, change the cosmetics of the car, inside and out. If you want to go for more power (DOHC, 6 cylinders) better to either swap the engine entirely, or buy a car with a bigger one.

Top Bottom