E36 1997 German model

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mafia1118

Club Guest
hai...morningotai bimmerpls advice me...:confused: I huv a problem while starts the engine but infrequent happen. Its sound like e engine cannt start "crank" need to press fuel pedal. Then its work... brooomm.......any symptom of fuel injector problem? since fuel pump is ok. please advice me... if someone huv expert around wangsa maju & :cool:

bro, pls elobrate..

1. cannot crank starter when ignition key is turn to start.
2. starter crank but engine did start until you step fuel pedal.

or something else... It will help to solve your problem..

jarance;206701 said:
bro, pls elobrate..

1. cannot crank starter when ignition key is turn to start.
2. starter crank but engine did start until you step fuel pedal.

or something else... It will help to solve your problem..

is it e starter oK? when I start its sound burp..burp..burp... then step on fuel pedal broomm.... like that. I think if starter prob. it sound like ketik.tiktik.tik.. is it?

1st I switch on the key then let all the light go off except handbrake, oil, battery still on..then start the engine. all lights go off, starting is ok but it give sound burp..burp..burp... ... like need to press fuel pedal. how to elobrate ek....emmm..

I think your problem could be due to the battery not fully charged or the alternator is not charging properly.

As you have described, your light all go off during cranking. Normally it should only dimmed during the cranking of the engine. It should not go OFF.

Check your battery supply first. It should be about 12.5 to 12.8 when the engine is not running. When the engine is running, the voltage should be around 13.2 to 13.5 VDC.

1. If the voltage of the battery is low, most probably your battery is at the end of its lifespan or the electrolyte water in the battery is low.

2. If the alternator supply is less than 12.5, then the alternator regulator is faulty or the slip ring in the alternator is worn out.

Another way to check that it is your battery is to have a fully charge battery available. Change it with your old battery and see whether the burp sound comes or not..

ps.. burp sound??? too much food.. try ENO.. LOL

You are experiencing problems with cold start. Check your coolant temperature sensor and your Idle Control Valve.

Top Bottom