e34 Wiper Intermittant setting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

SuperCharger

Club Guest
Just wondering how many of you guys knew this... Did you know you can choose the length of the pause between wipes on intermittant mode on your wipers? I read it on another forum , and its in the manual as well but who reads the "how to work the wipers" bit. To choose the intermittant pause length : 1) Push wiper lever up to intermittant and immediately back down to off 2) Wait desired length of pause 3) Push lever back onto intermittant. I tested it and it works for me. Check it out.. And if any of you have a tip to share, please do. Cheers..

Oh this is cool. Haven't noticed it before. This is actually stated in the user manual when I look it up. "Max interval is 20sec, twice as long when the car is standing still." I'll have to try this...

Lesson no. 1: Always read and understand the instruction manual.... :D

I always say this to my young engineers at work...

SuperCharger,

Big THANKS to you! Very good tip for E34..., going to try this soon.

cheers.

tried it yesterday and yes it works,thanks bro. another trick learned

er.. sorry to say.. it works on later models i think..it did work on my car when i had it..

it works... was playing with it dis morning while it rained.. macam jakun.. hehehe

tombstone: if u really need it, i'll gladly change car with u

kwkawkwakwakwawakakw

there's another strange thing i noticed about my e34 - when the wiper is on speed 2 (where speed 1 is intermittent), and when i come to a stop, it reverts to an intermittment mode! once i get moving again, it resumes to speed 2.

fandango;249144 said:
there's another strange thing i noticed about my e34 - when the wiper is on speed 2 (where speed 1 is intermittent), and when i come to a stop, it reverts to an intermittment mode! once i get moving again, it resumes to speed 2.

I believe it's a standard feature on all E34 and other models perhaps.. It's saving its energy to take off after the standstill..hahaha..just kidding..

This is another great invention from BMW la..., its to prevent the wiper from wiping stupidly while your car is at standstill (signal from speed sensor), and infact I love & proud of this feature in my car..., I believe is this feature given birth to "Rain Sensor" in later models...hehe.

i read about this in the manual and have not tried this..... will try today..... thanks...

by the way would like to share if anyone realize this....
i just discover, even after i turn off my e34 engine and pull out the key, i still can switch down the windows up and down...!

Top Bottom