E34 520i - Parts Help Needed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by jarance@Jun 21 2005, 08:41 AM
zack, there seem to be three wire from the level sensor. You are testing only the main sensor. I think there is another terminal that you also have to check for the reserve tank indication.
i jus tested d two thin wires bcoz it's mentioned in d site given by iqlima dat it's d resistance wires..

Originally posted by jarance@Jun 21 2005, 08:41 AM

Did you plug in the connector and switch on the ignition (without starting) and slide the float up and down slowly to check the fuel guage. It should response to the change of resistance.
man y didn i think of dat :angry: after so many attempts of repairing :p

jus opened my instrument cluster..replaced al 3capasitors on d cluster but to no avail..guess maybe my fuel gauge is faulty..

but d problem is, i did d test unker jarance mentioned (wit d reset button n ignite key position) n d fuel gauge seems to have been running it jus like other gauge..

Originally posted by zackertashia@Jun 28 2005, 11:19 AM
jus opened my instrument cluster..replaced al 3capasitors on d cluster but to no avail..guess maybe my fuel gauge is faulty..

but d problem is, i did d test unker jarance mentioned (wit d reset button n ignite key position) n d fuel gauge seems to have been running it jus like other gauge..
If you do the test and the guage is moving, then I can say that there is nothing wrong with the fuel guage. If there is something wrong with it, it will not moves when you performed the reset test.

Concentrate on the fuel sensor located at the fuel tank.

Look for loose connection. check for 12vdc supply as well at the terminal when the ignition is switch ON. it could be sometime be a simple problem as a blown fuse.

Top Bottom