e34 16"rims or 15"rims better?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Issac

Club Guest
hi. i'm new here.currently driving e34 520i, having underpower problem.i'm using 16" rims (205/50/R16) right now, my dad suggest me change to 15" rims.i wan to ask. it will help me in powerful problem anot??i really need your suggestion !! Appreciate it !THX

Not too certain about performance gains, but what I understand is that changing to smaller rims would help improve comfort. Used to drive around in stock 15" rims on my E32, but changed it to 16", but without any apparent performance gains/losses to be frank.

you will feel a very small improvement with 15", but your car won't look nice lar :)

mizhan;553854 said:
you will feel a very small improvement with 15", buy your car won't look nice lar :)

Haha, yes, definitely agree with Mizhan on that. 15' looks puny on the E34. :D

agree.. it look weird. haha.
have 2 tell my dad bout dis.
ask him change better engine for me better..

Issac;553896 said:
agree.. it look weird. haha.
have 2 tell my dad bout dis.
ask him change better engine for me better..

Wahaha. Change engine? :D All the best bro.

Why not get 530i? :D

Eggie86;553899 said:
Wahaha. Change engine? :D All the best bro.

Why not get 530i? :D

bside the change engine. still got wat cheap things can improve the power??

mr racun that v8 >.<
my hand will shake when driving. haha..

you will feel power a bit better for the first day, the next day you drive it, you will feel it underpower again. why? bcos i drive a 520i too :D

Issac;553928 said:

mr racun that v8 >.<

Haha, sure anot hand only shake? :driver: With that amount of power at your disposal... Wah, what a world of difference it would make! :D

Erm, probably need to get the expert opinions from the other e34 sifus out there. Depends on your budget + preference. Some have opted to plant in Jap hearts, others who are purists, aim to use all Bimmer parts.

morpheus5039;553934 said:
you will feel power a bit better for the first day, the next day you drive it, you will feel it underpower again. why? bcos i drive a 520i too :D

I guess it's all in the mind really. I actually felt that way the first time I used V Power 97 on my E32. Cheh, after a few fillups, actually realised it's only in the mind! Haha, all that sprightly driving and all, actually back to square one. Ron 95, or V Power, seemed the same, only difference came when it was time to settle credit card. :D

Issac;553928 said:

mr racun that v8 >.<

please don't bother with that engine.. you'll end up spending a lot and yet be unsatisfied with the results. consider transplanting a larger engine, a larger BMW engine.

Hi!
I m also new here. At least I can share my experience here. By changing 16in to 15in rim is not much different. For me the best handling is 16in. Talk about under-power motor that is not because of the rim itself. The most important is your cylinder head condition. How good the compression and valve setting (M20 520i Engine). M20 Engine can do a lot of thing for the performance.

Regards.

lane34;554121 said:
Hi!
I m also new here. At least I can share my experience here. By changing 16in to 15in rim is not much different. For me the best handling is 16in. Talk about under-power motor that is not because of the rim itself. The most important is your cylinder head condition. How good the compression and valve setting (M20 520i Engine). M20 Engine can do a lot of thing for the performance.

Regards.

Thanks for sharing your experience bro. How's your car coming along then? Driving 520i too?

I have 16in rims, and I dont like the idea of getting larger than these thanks to Msian roads. Anyone with rims bigger than 16 experienced cracks? Even with these rims, when I hit a pothole I curse like hell about the public works minister. I dont know what I'd do if one of my rims actually cracks...I'd lose it.

I have bbs 15 inch for e34..its a stock rim from e34..If u want,let me know..comes with 4, 1 month old Michellin tyre..willing to let go for rm 600...pm me if ur interested :D

BLaCkHoWLiNG;555129 said:
15" rims on an E34 is like andre the giant with testicles d size of peanuts... not pleasant on the eyes... esp. for d ladies...

18's..

THE BEST!

Wakakaka. :D

Top Bottom