E30 Steering

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rafamr

Club Guest
Mine E30 87 has this gud gud sound whenever i turn my steering.. and also too much free lah... should i go for a new steering rack or can it be service/repair?how much if i go for a kereta potong steering rack...?

not necessary the sttering rack. It may be coming from the steering coulmn, there are two bearings and also some coupling U joints bushes.

might be ur inner tie rod wear off ??
i suggest u check all the ball joint before doing on ur rack unless its leaking from the rack....

just my 2cents...

Steering rack is damn expensive at kedai potong woooo :ph34r:
cekik darah..

i paid 800 bucks for my used steering rack. :beaten: :getyourfactsright:

aiyooooooooo die man.. cheapest also 750 oni but that is like teruk condition oooo :blink:

ADOIIII :cry:

2 types of steering rack for E30. For M40 , it is more expensive.
Last time I bought for Rm 2,200 recond from Germany. My faulty rack was rebuild at the cost of RM 700. There is a repair kit - all the rubber stuff - costing circa RM 150 +-

If ur car is the earlier model of E30 (eg 320) it might be using the earlier rack - which is cheaper. Dunno whether '87 model is using the old or the new one.

there also the option of going for e36 steering rack.....................sharper, less freeplay............cabut..............

older 87' models use the older ones, esp local models

both pre-87 and post 87 racks are interchangable in any e30 models ,only difference is the older models cheaper to repair, but its overall heavier then the m40 aluminium racks

Thanks..

I appreaciate for all the ideas and suggestions..
Still no free time yet to take to mech..

Top Bottom