E30 Maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

MohdRidhwan

Club Guest
Hi...Im new here.Although i dont have a bmw...im a huge fan of BMW,especially the classic.All sifus...my question is...is the e30 hard to maintain?

Originally posted by MohdRidhwan@Nov 7 2005, 11:39 AM
Hi...
Im new here.Although i dont have a bmw...im a huge fan of BMW,especially the classic.

All sifus...my question is...is the e30 hard to maintain?
1st of all,welcome to the family mohdridhwan... :nyehehe:

basically,as with most cars,there is wear and tear and deciding to purchase an e30 is testament tht we r aware of the wear and tear of parts etc....
i cant say tht maintanence is cheap nor is it expensive.it is very reasonable(competitive to jdm cars i dare to say).
in a nutshell,it is a fun car to own.....
remember,evry car has its probs too... ;)
hope wht i said helps.
do pop by for our tt sessions to get to knw the UDM better and wht we do about it.
rgds,
-brad-

101% agreed with Tyke. Your question on 'senang rosak ke?' is very general. I believe we can apply that to a newer car too. Logically YES, it's OLD, but if you know your car well and you give lots of TLC.. you'll be damn satisfied...
Get an E30.. experience it and tell us your story...
every E30 has it's story ... :D

lovely car, easy to maintain, learn yourself slowly you will like it lots of spares around, don't worry what others who don't used BMWs says. I had my car for the past 7 years and enjoying maintaining it and used it with no regrets.

Originally posted by MohdRidhwan@Nov 8 2005, 01:07 AM
senang rosak ka? since its old.
kereta lama memang banyak problem! mana ada kereta yang takda problem, ini semuanya kira nasib! kereta baru pun ada problem!
kalau sanggup buat sikit demi sedikit, bersabar, tekun, mesti kereta yang you idam idamkan akan secantik awek lu!
kalau takut senang nak rosak sebab old punya pasal, then pikir masak masak! :getyourfactsright:
kalau di bandingkan kereta kereta yang lain in between same year old car and ala buatan malaysia, there is nothing to compare havin a udm!
dulu, people use to tell me, aiyo, bmw banyak mahal to maintain... tapi yang peliknya dia orang sendiri tak pernah bawa bmw, semuanya dengar cakap orang. kalau nak tau, kena cuba sendiri! itu semuanya, cobaan! :D

after reading the e30 parts n maintainance...there's alot of spare parts even though its an old car...reasonable price too.
Anyway...im letting u all know that im 16 now, getting my driving license early next year.
My dad said he doesnt want me to have 2nd hand car...but he just bought an e200 same age as the e30 i think.
haiya...im a bmw fan..but my dad a merc..any tip on how to pancing my dad?

Mohd-R, some e30 are in excess of 20years now with the last e30 coming out in late 91/early92. Its also a sign of the sound engineering that a vechicle of that age is still running around in such large numbers. Honestly if you want a simple run-about that always starts in the morning and you want to learn about the workings of a car, you can't go wrong with a late model e30 with m40 engine. Bomb-proof is the word that is commonly heard about this engine and with galvanised body, rust will not be to much of a problem. Usual wear and tear components will obviously need to be renewed but that would be the same with any car of any make.

Out of topic, brad, hows your car, solved your fuel supply problem yet??? :beaten: :( :(

someone will be the youngest member in our club :rolleyes: , younger then Axle :rofl: :rofl:

do this...

get the car... spend some duit duit do everything up, change what needs to be changed, repair what needs to be repaired... Body,Engine,Drivetrain,Suspension yada yada

.... then the car wont give you any trouble and will be reliable for years to come. you'll love the car. :D

ps... keep it stock, dont mod sesuka hati... refer ro my signature :yes:

i think the key thing is .. make sure you buy from someone you know, and you know the history of the car ..

i bought mine from this lady who doesn't drive it out of USJ. . wahliao. . fix until i puke blood as i use it as my everyday car .. but car condition is good and i bought it below market price. .so ok le i guess. ..

that was year 1 .. .now year 2 onwerds. .. mostly maintenance stuff. .. so quite bearable le ...

if you're having doubts. .. just keep reading this forum... everyone here will poison you until you fall in love with the e30. ..

i blame this forum for the money i lost maintaining my e30 .. . but the e30 .. its a real UDM le ! haha.

cari kereta yang okay, then tak senang rosak except bayar for consumables.

BUT kalao expect no maintenance cost one, main tempat lain-lar....u be less disappointed.

main kereta must prepare pay SOME money - ni hobi kan?

also member racun nanti, lagi you nak mod & bayar lagi......sakit!

CABUT!

Seriously - all members replies valid but pls dun expect ZERO maintenance ok. Find the rite car, smile and DRIVE. ( pay sometimes but also learn DIY &make many frends here who will help u )

Welcum to club, Wan.

get an e30, talk to the right ppl, send it to a good workshop, make sure its a manual, with a 6 pot, also do your homework on the car, joining a forum is a good way, if you want i can pass you the general information that i have gathered on my car to you. learn about you car so that ppl cant conn you or simply talk rubbish.

good luck in finding your e30

So young already kena racun.....please spare him lar. At least wait until he starts working.keke :D

CABUTZZ!!

Originally posted by chairoger@Nov 9 2005, 12:49 AM
So young already kena racun.....please spare him lar. At least wait until he starts working.keke :D

CABUTZZ!!
:p :p :p

E30 at age of 17,hmm.good luck.,better use umpan baik to pancing ur dad.,

for me,the car shud be good as long u do regular maintenance,use ori parts.correct? :yes:

good luck

Originally posted by MohdRidhwan@Nov 8 2005, 09:29 AM
after reading the e30 parts n maintainance...there's alot of spare parts even though its an old car...reasonable price too.
Anyway...im letting u all know that im 16 now, getting my driving license early next year.
My dad said he doesnt want me to have 2nd hand car...but he just bought an e200 same age as the e30 i think.
haiya...im a bmw fan..but my dad a merc..any tip on how to pancing my dad?
hah... B) wlecome to BMW world...!!! :nyehehe:

Butr one advise la... :) dun buy yet. :) Understand what kind of BMWs are..the engine and the cost of maintenance.... :)

dun pancing ur Daddy... thats wrong..very..very wrong .!! :yes:

buy with ur own money... :yes:

No hard feeling ah... :wink: ta..ta..!!! :)

Top Bottom