e30 m50b20

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

schwa

Club Guest
hi guys,there is an e30 4door year 84,no rust,original paint a bit faded. engine converted to m50b20 5speed auto. 5lugs with stock e36 rim. the owner want to let go at 7.5k. problem is the car cannot start. got tok tok sound. is it worth buying?

crankshaft has probably broke.....this is typical with m50 to e30 converted without any proper technical knowledge......7.5k for a heap of metal jn is quite expensive

maybe you helping the owner to dispose the car...

some more 84 body.. sure will crack up the subframe and front mounts..

teejay;514793 said:
crankshaft has probably broke.....this is typical with m50 to e30 converted without any proper technical knowledge......7.5k for a heap of metal jn is quite expensive

how serious this could be? any idea how much i need to spend to repair?

schwa;515021 said:
how serious this could be? any idea how much i need to spend to repair?

dunno untill proper inspection of the car/engine , then can estimate what is the probable cause,my sidekick,pussy is well equip with this knowledge, but i hear he charges for consultation fees these days

you may end up replacing the whole engine, i.e. halfcut , then there's the wiring that needs to be checked, and other stuff too, and there is the case of one problem leading to another.......

btw, i hear that not many auto m50 conversion into the e30 make it so far, problems will crop up in a shortrun, so far 2 have already converted to manual due to some complications

teejay;515074 said:
dunno untill proper inspection of the car/engine , then can estimate what is the probable cause,my sidekick,pussy is well equip with this knowledge, but i hear he charges for consultation fees these days

:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Top Bottom