E30 M3 Rally

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
fadhil318 said:
wokey. thanx hellboyz for shedding some light on the subject. sori you couldn't make it though

No problem man, hope to see u someday, there's always another time :p

the E30 M3 was primarily, a tarmac rally car, and successfull as well. E30's won 5 or 6 national British National Tarmac Rally championships, as well as several european rallies rounds if my memory serves me right. These cars mainly ran on Leda coilover suspension, with revised front suspension geometry to cancel out bump-steer.

even WRCars today do not have ABS, or electronic driver aids. They do have electronically controlled diffs to put the power down quickly on the wheel with the most grip though. You will be surprised how late you can brake in a rally car on gravel, with the right tyres and brakes.

a good driver and navigator team can make it look easy, why? coz with good pacenotes, it can help the driver place the car with precision for every corner, which is why in rallying, there is usually no margin for error as there is no run-off. all that slipping and sliding around is a combination of on-the-limit driving, and technique. You can also see the driver execute a scandinavian flick in the 3rd segment of the vid from the start, coming down hill, flicking the car towards the right, and oversteering the other way into a left hander hairpin.

i have some info on E30 rally cars, need to go dig it up... :)

check out this link for some more amazing precision rally driving.

http://www.gigigalli.com/video.htm

still remember those old days at batu tiga when thailand shell crown team use their m3 e30 to whack nissan r32's butt. piloted by one charles kwan from hong kong if i'm not mistaken.

i recall the Three Crowns M3, dicing with the Merz 190 at Bt 3....also recall a Electrolux model.

Before SAMP was disbanded and BT3 demolished....I also saw a genuine LHD M3 inside one of the garages......and that was the pace car.

Dang man, that silver m3 looks like a bat out from hell, wish to get a ride from that yellow cab too.....hahaaha

selvahyraje46,

Thanks for sharing.....the driver of the e90 has a lot to learn though......hehehe

...it's all about the skill, the patience & the love for the game of rallying with your loved one...the E30 !...the driver & the navigator are there just for the ride....!

:D

Top Bottom