E30 M3 Rally

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
It's rear wheel drive.. Notice the 2 black lines laid on by the 2 rear wheels accelerating out of the corners.
There was a time when rally cars were RWD... the Toyota AE86 (remember Initial D) was one of such cars used in rally... YS Khong used to rallied in the Toyota back in the 70's

just done streaming and watching the whole vid...

shiokalingam watching the vid..see how he made it look so simple... the flicks, the handbrake hair pin turns...

Let go for the next autocross with your bimmer :p

fabianyee said:
just done streaming and watching the whole vid...

shiokalingam watching the vid..see how he made it look so simple... the flicks, the handbrake hair pin turns...

Let go for the next autocross with your bimmer :p

Yeah Fabs, the driver makes it look so easy..........just can't imagine the experience being his navigator!:D

fadhil318 said:
i would give my arm and leg to be in that co-driver seat.....hahahahaha

You'd probably LOSE your arm and leg if you're in the co-driver seat. :D

fadhil318 said:
i would give my arm and leg to be in that co-driver seat.....hahahahaha

Can....can.....many drivers of such caliber residing and practising at PNDC :D:D:D

ah....this is what top driving is all about!sorry to repeat but F1 drivers are 2nd rate compared to rally drivers.....see the video and u know why...

2wd, no abs ( u see him locking brakes a few times...), blind faith in his co-driver recce notes and driving at nite.....wuhooo, and this is not even the Group B 4WD supercars yet ( which was banned later ).

fabianyee said:
It's rear wheel drive.. Notice the 2 black lines laid on by the 2 rear wheels accelerating out of the corners.
There was a time when rally cars were RWD... the Toyota AE86 (remember Initial D) was one of such cars used in rally... YS Khong used to rallied in the Toyota back in the 70's

Yeah but d part when d car took bends & corners and airborne at humps, landed at d precise spots like how d driver wants it 2 land, as if d driver is a single unit wit d car (man + machine). Y is that, is it due to traction controller (got such thing a?), LSDs, shockies & suspensions, swaybars, etc.? How can I make my car like that, or sumthin like that? Must b a gud rush taking sharp corners like that!

uncle tobby said:
Yeah but d part when d car took bends & corners and airborne at humps, landed at d precise spots like how d driver wants it 2 land, as if d driver is a single unit wit d car (man + machine). Y is that, is it due to traction controller (got such thing a?), LSDs, shockies & suspensions, swaybars, etc.? How can I make my car like that, or sumthin like that? Must b a gud rush taking sharp corners like that!

It's just the driver's skills and aerodynamics at work here.......nothing else.

I reckoned the race was during the early 90's.. LSD yes... Traction control? don't think so..

As for the driving precision, that's what pace notes and driver's skills are all about.. Getting the pace notes correct will shave off time.. Driver's ball size will determine how much more time which can be shaved off.

Sidenote: ABS was introduced at one time but it caused a few accidents becos it didn't work well for the driving style on loose gravel surface. Anyway, u might want to research more on that.

cool stuff...that's why i bought E30 so i can mod the handling to drift !! :) GOOD VIDEO !

where n when?

kevster30 said:
Can....can.....many drivers of such caliber residing and practising at PNDC :D:D:D

aiyaa..... kev when and where la this PNDC? heard about it lah but don't know where it is and when:confused::confused::confused::p just wanna see them practice. Nik... bila nak pegi projet lagi?....... sahur McD kot???:p

wokey. thanx hellboyz for shedding some light on the subject. sori you couldn't make it though

Top Bottom