E30 333i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aDrIaN

Club Guest
As some of you are aware I had gone for a holiday. Hence my shop was closed for a week. Sorry coffee buffs. I went to Cape Town for a short Raya holiday. Saw some interesting BMWs there. This E30 was at my friend's workshop Reynold's Auto for a service. This is very interesting. This E30 333i is very very limited 250 only and only made in South Africa. It has the same engine as the E23 733i. So its an E30 M-Spec 333i with a detuned 3.2 litre 4 in-line turbocharged E23 engine and it only comes in manual. Stock and it has an insane 450bhp with 520ft-lbs of torque!!! A sprit to the local pub from 0-100 km/h in only 4.5 seconds. Only very few of these were mad and this one is the last few left. Most of them have been wrecked. Sorry I had only 1 photo guys.
picture338ao7.jpg
But I have another photo just to make you all say TRAITOR!!!!! I rented this monster for half a day. Fooyoh!!!!!!
picture328dz2.jpg
Its non other than the new CLS 55 AMG. I cant even pull out of the parking lot without triggering the traction control lights!!!!

Oklah if you really want.....
Here's a picture of me and my wife in it.

picture335zz2.jpg

Here's the a$$ shot.....
picture336iu6.jpg

Nice pics...I have read/heard about the 333i before...you meant an I-6 not an I-4, right?

From wikipedia:

"BMW South Africa's Motorsport division created the 333i in 1986 by fitting the 3.3 M30 "big six" of the 733i to a 2-door E30. The resulting 333i was a major success in saloon car racing in that country and is now a collectors item. These cars were built with help from Alpina in Austria featured some interesting compromises like forcing the buyer to choose between airconditioning (vital in South Africa) or power steering. They were only built in small numbers in 1986. "

The CLS55 is an awesome car....love the engine sound!!!

Adrian, the E30 was damn cun....

Besides the CLS 55 look even better, hehe

Cool trip bro!

Ah yes the 333i.....a South Africa exclusive but some models made it to HK I read...

It's a inline 6 in the form of a M30 ( I tink...) and no, it not Turbo charged......comes with also Alpina rims which I hope was still on the car you took. Standard M Tec 1 bodykit as well. The chap that did this....later rose to one of BMW big bosses in Germany. ( cannot recall his name but I have the article somewhere )

The merz...well this model gets my thumb down in looks...the rear looks ugly but of course, my comments for this model only.

Was it safe in SA? I heard some horror stories in Johannesberg before!

Rare breed indeed. Insane amount of power. M30s in your E30s anyone?

CLS is a confused car. A coupe has 2 doors. Period. But have to admit, the growl from that V8 is to die for.

nikazwaa said:
Rare breed indeed. Insane amount of power. M30s in your E30s anyone?

CLS is a confused car. A coupe has 2 doors. Period. But have to admit, the growl from that V8 is to die for.

actually.. nik i was thinking of it.. i have a spare engine, just need a donor car..

maybe yours ?;)

pussy;170898 said:
actually.. nik i was thinking of it.. i have a spare engine, just need a donor car..

maybe yours ?;)

aDrIaN..
sorry hijack ur thread ah..Felix, my car donor car la..u 'kau-tim' d 'transformation'..n I keep d car..ok ah? :eek::D:p...cabutzz..

Top Bottom