E30 323i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by DingChavez@Mar 15 2005, 04:38 PM
et 5.... if i tak jadi buy i'll PM you the price. :D

I'm planning to take the car to a workshop in a few weeks time to see the repair cost. see what happen lah... this will be my only car... so want tp make sure it will run better than my old kancil... hehhe

anyways... i figured that it's better to own a 20 year old car thats been fully repaired than a 9 year old car which is in a mid-life crisis. plus i could always sell the restored e30 if the need arises.

ps, wheen is the next TT? I wanna join can arrr?
OK Ding

Keep in touch in any case..u'll be my 'test case study' haha :p

do give me a call but no sms...0123666090
help its free but parts are not.

GOOD NEWS!!!!

I got the car keys to the 323!!!. I'm going to see the car sometime next week to take stock of the car's situation. Nak buat checklist of what to do. Any of you guys wanna follow???? Boleh jadi kes study bersama sama...

Call me @0123285131

-Jason

Welcum as an owner of a 323....this makes you my half bro., cos I have one too!

By the way, one advise....make your list, then PRIORITISE what is needed first, second etc etc and spend ur moolah on them.....the cosmetic things can come later, unless $$$ no issue.

Have fun!

HI ALL

sorry for being inactive for quite sometime. Good new is I'm planning to restore the car now but i will need help from you guys.

I'm planning to start the engine of the car first. Anybody can come with me to help? I probably need a mechanic along as well. Anybody??? when? Not sure yet. :D

Originally posted by DingChavez@Apr 19 2005, 07:44 PM
HI ALL

sorry for being inactive for quite sometime. Good new is I'm planning to restore the car now but i will need help from you guys.

I'm planning to start the engine of the car first. Anybody can come with me to help? I probably need a mechanic along as well. Anybody??? when? Not sure yet. :D
hey there dingchavez,
i c tht ur a tom clancy reader huh? :D :yahoo:
well as to joining u to go c the state and actual running condition of ur soon to be e30,just gimme a call and if i'm nearby i will definately kpc and c if i can b of help.
i'll sms u in a bit.
btw,when u said tht ur from kj...i take it tht u mean kelana jaya?
regards,
-brad-

Dear Guys,

Sorry bout the delay. I have something to take care first. so the restoration of the e30 will have to take the backburner. Anyway, just for your info, the car is quite rusted, so i have to reprioritise the repair. now my list looks like this

1. Start engine, repair engine
2. body work/interior
3. drivetrain
4. suspension
5. paint

this is to preventr the car from rusting to oblivion.

ps: i am a Tom Clancy Fan

Originally posted by DingChavez@Apr 27 2005, 11:25 PM
Dear Guys,

Sorry bout the delay. I have something to take care first. so the restoration of the e30 will have to take the backburner. Anyway, just for your info, the car is quite rusted, so i have to reprioritise the repair. now my list looks like this

1. Start engine, repair engine
2. body work/interior
3. drivetrain
4. suspension
5. paint

this is to preventr the car from rusting to oblivion.

ps: i am a Tom Clancy Fan
My 2 kupang is......better go to find another good condition E30 cos the price for E30 yrs 84-90 drop sampai dasar laut......Imagine ur uncle sell to u at 8K and u need 5-10K for repairing..........Unless the car condition is still Ok....Another problem u pointed out RUST.......it never ending storey once it appear........Anyway...up to u.....E30 is a fun car to have.....

progress report...

i tried starting the car. put in a new battery and fuel. put the car in on position. all dashboard lights lit up. but there's a check light on the dashboard kept blinking. what does it mean???

tried starting. the engine cranked but won't start. checked the plugs, they fired. any ideas?

lastly, the car is not in a bad shape as previously thought. rust has not eaten in te metal, just the paint.

Any ideas????

Originally posted by DingChavez@May 1 2005, 11:28 PM
progress report...

i tried starting the car. put in a new battery and fuel. put the car in on position. all dashboard lights lit up. but there's a check light on the dashboard kept blinking. what does it mean???

tried starting. the engine cranked but won't start. checked the plugs, they fired. any ideas?

lastly, the car is not in a bad shape as previously thought. rust has not eaten in te metal, just the paint.

Any ideas????
look up at ur rear view mirror,infront of it should b a panel with lil squares on it.next time u start ur car...press the bottom right button.tht is ur onboard comp...aids in letting u do an onboard diagnostic to gauge and check if all is ok b4 u drive off.press on tht button and if some items r still lit then u will know wht to check!but for brakes u can also step on the brake pedal.but if its still lit then u better get tht checked too!
why dont u try getting someone to jump start ur car?dont forget tht it hasnt been started for quite a while now and ur alternator would hav gone flat by now!try tht and run ur car for a distance of at least 25km to charge it back and do so verday if u hav time.but do make sure tht u hav a jumper cable handy with u at all times...i think a fairly good one costs RM35-50!
i pm u my number the last time offering to help u out but u didnt reply me.
i got ur mobile number anyway so i'll sms u in a bit aight!
all the best and i hope my advice helps!
regards,
-brad-
also a tom clancy fan!(my fav is jack ryan) :p

hi tyke.

ok i'll try the steps u gave. sorry i didnt reply the sms. i also got an sms yesterday for a TT... sorry i couldnt make it. i'm currently working early in the morning, so i have to sleep early.

sorry. anyway, i kept your number so if there's anything, i'll give you a call.

thaknks guys.....

Originally posted by skar19@May 2 2005, 05:15 PM
if you want to put new carpet, a friend of mine did it in SS2 for Rm 500 can show where it was done. just PM me. you can also choose what colour you.
Hi Skar,

Does that inclusive of the sound dampening material (the one under the carpet that look like a sponge) or only the carpet. Or do they peel off the existing carpet from the sponge and replace only the carpet?

Originally posted by DingChavez@May 2 2005, 11:15 PM
hi tyke.

ok i'll try the steps u gave. sorry i didnt reply the sms. i also got an sms yesterday for a TT... sorry i couldnt make it. i'm currently working early in the morning, so i have to sleep early.

sorry. anyway, i kept your number so if there's anything, i'll give you a call.

thaknks guys.....
no worries mate.....i gathered tht u proly work as a spy(hence the difficulty in getting in touch with u! :p ) or tht ur pretty bz with work!
theres alwiz a nexttime so dont worry...plenty of time to racun u then! :lol: :nyehehe:
regards,
-brad-

Aiyoo, i sudah kena racun......

Now thinking of upgrading tu 2.5. Dang!!! If possible i still wanna use the 2.3 but since the difference is only on road tax, might as well us 2.5 kan kan kan?

how about servicing? maintenance? fuel consumption???

Anyways, nice meeting you guys on TT last friday nite. Thanks for tips and helps. Now i know my direction.... I feel the force, the force is with me

(what am i rambling about?)

Thanks mateys... see you on the next TTs

Originally posted by DingChavez@May 8 2005, 08:04 PM
Aiyoo, i sudah kena racun......

Now thinking of upgrading tu 2.5. Dang!!! If possible i still wanna use the 2.3 but since the difference is only on road tax, might as well us 2.5 kan kan kan?

how about servicing? maintenance? fuel consumption???

Anyways, nice meeting you guys on TT last friday nite. Thanks for tips and helps. Now i know my direction.... I feel the force, the force is with me

(what am i rambling about?)

Thanks mateys... see you on the next TTs
hahaha....jason my friend,this is only a very subtle racun we have injected u with! :nyehehe:
theres more to come! :lol:
it was great to meet u too tht night!
but seriously,based on friends feedback,running on a b25 wont drip u dry in terms of fuel consupmtion!on the contrary,it will actually b a lil more fuel economical due to the fact tht there is more power under the hood! :nyehehe:
servicing and maintanence is as per normal e30!give and take a bit more here and there!
hope to c u again then!hav u tried re-starting ur 323i again?jump start it and c if the engine will fire up!
all the best and c ya soon mate.
cheers,
-brad-

Hi all!

latest news.... Most probably i'll be upgrading to 2.5 engine (maybe). I'm starting the repairs in end of July.... wish me luck.

Thanks to all for giving me help and info.

ps.... 2.5 engine berapa HP aaa??

OKAY!!!

Progress report:-

Engine OK
Doing body and suspension repairs now
tranny ok
paint..... nanti lah next year
interior sending for wrap of dashboard

Car driveable Next week YAYAY!

Thanks to sideways, skar19, tyke also kinaka and all those who give advice encouragement and racun-ment!

Top Bottom