E30 323i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by ALBundy@Mar 10 2005, 02:49 PM
YUp, use all original parts!!! Ori bodykit, ori M tech seats, ori M tech steering, ori M tech pedal set, ori M tech bodykit, ori BBS rims and the list goes on :nyehehe:

On a serious note, E30 is a relatively economical car to own and maintain. I have one which I had owned for more than a year. I replaced the timing belts/bearings when i first bought it and a month ago replaced the compressor. That's all about it really.

Talking about the compressor, after I replaced it to newer piston type compressor, there is a difference meaning the engine feels a lot lighter compared when I had the original rotary type compressor.

Rgds
Mr bundy sir... isnt the rotary ones better???... smaller and lighter... but of course dey tend to go off faster...?!?

Originally posted by ALBundy@Mar 11 2005, 09:40 AM
The rotary ones suck a lot of power from the engine! :yes:
I thought the other way around. Piston type will drain your engine power more then the rotary one.

Thanks for the info guys...

Sorry i ask a lot of questions... i love the car just that financially i takut i koyak.
right now i dont have a car.. just drive my wife's kancil. futhermore i can't put aside a lot of moolahs for the car every month. i was thinking about only 200 for fuel and 200 for servicing........ as for restoration money.. well it's something i saved for years (i planned for an e30 for 2 years now :D )

anyways, my next step would be to get the car checked out at a workshop (here i need your help, preferably workshop in pandan) and to see the repair cost... if less than 7000, i'll take it. if more, i'll shelve my dreams for another 2 years. so i have extra 3000 for bodywork and paint job. what do you guys think?

and one more question...(again)... what's the roadtax and insurance like?

Rgds

Originally posted by DingChavez@Mar 11 2005, 10:09 AM

and one more question...(again)... what's the roadtax and insurance like?

Rgds
Insurance is up to really....depends on the amount insured....

the roadtax is..... 2316cc equals to rm711 a year.......

pandan??? hmmm...u can PM Teejay coz he is at Maluri.......
BTW they hav a TT on sundays...PM affan66 or Hamman....

RM 711!!!!! My god.... Anybody wants a 2.3 engine? it's for sale freeee... just swap you 1.8 or 2.0 engine with me.... hahahha. Seriously! Tey do use the same gearbox right?

How much is the roadtax for a 1.8? 2.0? How much is an e30 fully restored selling today? better i buy one fully restored....

Originally posted by DingChavez@Mar 11 2005, 11:41 AM
RM 711!!!!! My god.... Anybody wants a 2.3 engine? it's for sale freeee... just swap you 1.8 or 2.0 engine with me.... hahahha. Seriously! Tey do use the same gearbox right?

How much is the roadtax for a 1.8? 2.0? How much is an e30 fully restored selling today? better i buy one fully restored....
gud luck on getting a done-up bling-bling e30...they will cost a bomb.......

u want to throw out the 2.3 argh? ADOI!!!!

There's no substitute to cubic inches.......& power is never enough! ( also not cheap...so why go back to the lower end, when u have it already?)

soon u will know there's a 6potter geng vs the 4potter geng.....LOL

Last Advice....BUY BUY BUY!

RM200 a month for petrol???? if your kancil is doing RM200 a month, then prepare for RM300 - 400 a month for petrol...

I live close to work. i spent 150 max a month for the kancil. itu pun banyak jalan jalan. and futhermore the kancil is grossly under powered (660 cc with 3 speed auto on 13 inch rims) so makan minyak lah.

what do the other recommend? buy? or not buy? or you wanna buy? :wink:

Wah Ding, most ppl in this forum want to increase engine capacity but to each his own. I run a m20 not too different to yours just that yours has longer piston stroke, and i can get abt 300km on RM50 of premium gas. Better you try to start your engine first and drive it around. Kancil and BM are like chalk and cheese so better you try it first b4 downgrading your engine.

Originally posted by DingChavez@Mar 11 2005, 04:18 PM
I live close to work. i spent 150 max a month for the kancil. itu pun banyak jalan jalan. and futhermore the kancil is grossly under powered (660 cc with 3 speed auto on 13 inch rims) so makan minyak lah.

what do the other recommend? buy? or not buy? or you wanna buy? :wink:
you shud be looking at about 15-20sen per km for the BM... and if you have sorted the engine, then probably better consumption...

okay...right now ah..?? I think I'm the best example you shud follow.!!!

I just totall rebuilt my engine..M20B25.The parts is very much the same,price wise. You come puchong la... :D you'll see what I've changed to my old engine.

I won't be able to give a write up detail of parts that I've change..cos I study not very high..( the highest I've study is 3rd....???? floor only ma). :blush:

if you are interested into learning/knowing more of my engine rebuilt..you can call me and I can show you out of this forum wan.. :)

thanks for all yer help mates.....

maybe i'll join you guys for a TT so that i can learn more about this car. happy motoring,

anyway, just to let you know... i'm leaning my decision twards buying it now ehhehhe

ps zoggee: how much u spent rebuilding? want to know lahgs

Originally posted by DingChavez@Mar 14 2005, 02:10 PM

maybe i'll join you guys for a TT so that i can learn more about this car. happy motoring,

anyway, just to let you know... i'm leaning my decision twards buying it now ehhehhe

Hi Ding

why go through all the trouble ? let me take the problem off your hands...want to sell :D

Pls pm me the price.

Originally posted by DingChavez@Mar 14 2005, 01:10 AM

hah..!! ppl said I eat engine what.!! :)

et 5.... if i tak jadi buy i'll PM you the price. :D

I'm planning to take the car to a workshop in a few weeks time to see the repair cost. see what happen lah... this will be my only car... so want tp make sure it will run better than my old kancil... hehhe

anyways... i figured that it's better to own a 20 year old car thats been fully repaired than a 9 year old car which is in a mid-life crisis. plus i could always sell the restored e30 if the need arises.

ps, wheen is the next TT? I wanna join can arrr?

Originally posted by DingChavez@Mar 15 2005, 04:38 PM
et 5.... if i tak jadi buy i'll PM you the price. :D

I'm planning to take the car to a workshop in a few weeks time to see the repair cost. see what happen lah... this will be my only car... so want tp make sure it will run better than my old kancil... hehhe

anyways... i figured that it's better to own a 20 year old car thats been fully repaired than a 9 year old car which is in a mid-life crisis. plus i could always sell the restored e30 if the need arises.

ps, wheen is the next TT? I wanna join can arrr?
If u cum 2 TT dis Fri & meet up mit Zaskar, Jipster, me and som others, u can find out mor abt maintaining 20 year old cars. We're der living proof! :D

Ding,

its a good idea to come for TT, lots of E30 drivers, best ppl to talk to are Kevster, Jef, 2cents and Fabian and they tend to be at the TT's all the time. If you are lucky (or unlucky to be racuned) zoggee, alvin, tom, jippy and 535i will be there to impart their words of wisdom to you. Me just there to ogle at the rides............

Top Bottom