E30 2.0 to 2.5 conversion

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Well said bundy.

I have indeed tried the most various conversions. From the E30 318i to 320i, 323i, 325i (m20's), S14, S50B30, S50B32, H27 & H35, Alpinas, M50B25, M50B32 ( E36M3 US specs). Of course most of it in the states & Europe. Have even been on track with some of these fine modded machines.

IMHO the modded ones are the best! Handling of these cars are great, much much much better than stock E30's. No comparison at all. Whether there is too much power to handle? This you can learn. If its not power that ones need why bother to mod in the 1st place!

What choice to take? It depends on you. If got very tight budget, then i suggest to do up the car with current motor lor. Do up the body & interior. Get is tip top. Then later stage oni consider conversions.

opp, all very sound input here. I hope it helps you make up your mind. Worst thing to happen to you is to get stuck with a car that you cannot drive and / or cannot afford to fix...

Originally posted by Alvin@Feb 15 2005, 09:32 PM
Kevster

You tried all 3 before????? Even the H35?

Well its really what you looking for isnt it if you are modding. Lots of people talks a bout balance in the cars. but have then again how much heavier is the M30? Hmmmmmm wonder why hartge would spend all that money and research to produce these fine machine.

Jip

Jangan lar mara! :D

535i

Kita all pergi main jauh jauh lor ini macam. All us modders who spend too much time on the net doing nothing. Maybe me join you in CJ sometime soon. okie? :D
Alvin,

Not a H35 but an E30 with a M30 transplant. A H35 is a completely different animal......... :wink:

Anyway guys.........Opp asked a simple question of upgrading from 2.0 to 2.5 and you guys just had to turn it into a three-ring circus.....stick to the topic of the thread. He asked for a very simple an valid opinion. Now everyone in wearing their egos on their sleeves.

C'mon guys, be a bit more focused....fun is fun, but we might indirectly turn away genuine enthusiasts from this club and forum.

There is no right or wrong, just opinions, but please attach the necessary and appropriate opinions to the topic at hand.

Thank You.......
:yes:

I think before u proceed with ur conversion, pls weigh the pro's and con's.
There are many conversion out there which might or might not suite u.

Probably, u might want to ask the respective owners to share their experience in modding their cars. Sometimes, the forumers, me included, just rattle and poke other ppl around. Just for the fun of it, I guess.

But, if u are dead serious abt upgrading, join the TT where u can sit down with the owner (and in their cars if they are in a good mood).

At the end of the day, whatever upgrades that was done might not be to ur taste after all.

As far as mod is concerned, the sky is the limit ... U will never satisfy with the things that u've done with ur car ... because someone else might have added a few more things to theirs.

My 2 cents ....

p/s Damnnn .. it's hard to be serious leh ... :yahoo:

Simple upgrade but we are giving options to the person. If genuine enthusiast then he or she would know that some of us are giving valid options. These are all that has been done before in E30. As for the answer to his question it was given before came the options. :)

fuiyo....

looks like a can of worms has been opened

OPP, you will know who are the people to talk to regarding mods

most will offer sound advise as we still look out for each other so as to have a good bonding within members and to keep the interest up within the group, and you will or should notice who are those you can trust their judgment and advise ( my 2 quid)

because OPP threw a very general question, IMHO we give him many options and ideas just to see how much depth of interest he has, and willing to take up and rest assured it should not be confusing, maybe at the beginning it may sound like it but eventually he'll be able to make his own decision

BTW i have read feedbacks and some very helpful advise from fellow modders alike, i believe everyone wants to somehow mod their cars, be it hands-on, knowledge-on etc, or else they would not be driving a UDM.......

Originally posted by teejay@Feb 16 2005, 11:56 PM
fuiyo....

looks like a can of worms has been opened

wat wormss???... more like pAndora's bOx..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually, there are a lot of options just not a lot of $$$ to go around.. ;)

opp, like they say, how much are you willing to part for better power? Anything is possible when u have the $$$ for it...

The least headache conversion would be the M20. if you have the complete front cut, then it's merely transfering the stuff over. As for M50 and M30, that will need more time and effort.

Originally posted by fabianyee@Feb 17 2005, 05:09 PM

The least headache conversion would be the M20. if you have the complete front cut, then it's merely transfering the stuff over. As for M50 and M30, that will need more time and effort.
not just time & effort....lots of sleepless nites & balding hairline.... :( :)

Cars are expensive hobbies. We should know what we are getting ourselves into from the start.
Better to choose wisely. At the end of the day, the satisfaction on our faces when we turn the key & the engine jumps to life is what its all about.
Little pleasures in life that we treat ourselves.
So what does this tells us?

Satisfaction = MOD MOD MOD! BUY BUY BUY! :D :D

Originally posted by teejay@Feb 16 2005, 01:38 AM
Alvin babu needs some raw meat to play with......so chummon....get it goin dudes.....

there is a M20 3.0 lurker, maybe 2, but no show or neither wants to impart knowledge nor experience to the members.....
how sad.....unlike the others who are roaring to share and nothing to gain

beware that there are some who do just read and look and see, but there are who dirty and sweat to build the beauties,there are who went thru' hell and thru' so much technical difficulties, so you need to know who these "real sifus" are and those "theory sifus"

good luck!
Aiyo! TJ... what is there to tell 3.0 lurker kit... nobody will buy one la...
No matter how good you tell the mods you have, who will follow.... :lazy: :lazy: :lazy:

For M50 B25 engine conversion :( unless you have the 3.2 lurker... :rolleyes:

I've done that. 2.0 to 2.5 motoronic.
Bought halfcut E30 325i Auto 1987 imported from HongKong at RM4200.
Halfcut shop in Puchong.
Then transportation RM300.00 to Ipoh
Labour cost plus other thing like extra parts replaced around RM4000.00

The work not only swapped engine, but replaced the dashboard and swapping from manual to Auto.

Swapping to M20 2.5 is easier and more straight forward.

so major qudien, are you in the army?

so many bmw in your collection.....respect!!!!

2.0 convert to 2.5 manual to auto cost you about rm10k........wow......!!!

sounds like this pricing was about 5-6 years back then.....

Top Bottom