dunlop sp9000

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ck318ci

Club Guest
hi there,i am thinking of changing my old tyres to dunlop sp9000 as it is comparatively cheaper than brands like conti and pirelli, unfortunately, i dont know much about tyres. all i know it is very important to get a good set for maximum safety, dont really want budget tyres....can anyone tell me more about these as i want something comfy and quiet, not much of a performance person...and how much would it cost per tyre here averagely for 18inch 225 front and 255 backcheersck

Originally posted by ck318ci@Jul 3 2006, 11:47 PM
hi there,

i am thinking of changing my old tyres to dunlop sp9000 as it is comparatively cheaper than brands like conti and pirelli, unfortunately, i dont know much about tyres. all i know it is very important to get a good set for maximum safety, dont really want budget tyres....

can anyone tell me more about these as i want something comfy and quiet, not much of a performance person...and how much would it cost per tyre here averagely for 18inch 225 front and 255 back

cheers

ck

use to run on this tires before:

1) A tad soft
2) Good in wet
3) Tend to bulge if u hit the curb

Overall - ok laa ..

Hv changed to DUNLOP Direzza . Harder but nice :D

The SP9000 is old-ish, having been launched in 1998 or 1999. Other than favourable ratings in respect of comfort/quietness and anti-aquaplanning performance, most reviews of the SP9000 are only so-so.

agree with Wglee.....got SP9000 on my car....tire is reasonably priced....got it for about 600 for the front and 690 for the rears (each) 8 months ago for 18's......first set was also sp9000 and lasted 55000km of mixed driving......

pros:
reasonably priced
long lasting

cons:-
noisy up to about 120kmh
bad wet road grip.

sorry to hijack... just wan to know how much u paid for direnza, bro 535..... my tire shop recommendin it to me... want to run on 235/18/40? its this a better option thn sp6000???

thx

Originally posted by ck318ci@Jul 4 2006, 12:47 PM
hi there,

i am thinking of changing my old tyres to dunlop sp9000 as it is comparatively cheaper than brands like conti and pirelli, unfortunately, i dont know much about tyres. all i know it is very important to get a good set for maximum safety, dont really want budget tyres....

can anyone tell me more about these as i want something comfy and quiet, not much of a performance person...and how much would it cost per tyre here averagely for 18inch 225 front and 255 back

cheers

ck
bro, check out this thread ...should gip u enuf info...

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/inde...topic=11270&hl=

sp9000 is quite old liao as wat wglee mentioned, there are more better tyres nowadays, i would recommend falken 452 as an example.

Additionally, u wan comfy and quiet but looking for 18'?, which in default = performance. Are you sure :D ...you have a 318, comfy is to run 16", and for 18', you wan to run 255 at the rear? ...a bit too exaggerate le

18' jap tyres would cost between RM550-650

Originally posted by ck318ci@Jul 4 2006, 12:47 PM
hi there,

cheers

ck
Bro,

I am not that xpert in tyres... but mayb this site can help you and give better idea about your choice and rough budget!!!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult...lay.jsp?type=MP :p

Originally posted by karate70@Jul 4 2006, 01:32 AM
sorry to hijack... just wan to know how much u paid for direnza, bro 535..... my tire shop recommendin it to me... want to run on 235/18/40? its this a better option thn sp6000???

thx

I paid circa 480 per piece for 235/45/17

Just my personal view, I think the SP9000 is crap! I used 2 sets before and it's bad in the wet, noisy and doesn't last at all. The Pirelli Dragons I got after the SP9000s were a lot better in dry and wet (good levels of grip) and lasted much much longer with even wear. However, I'm gonna change to Michelin Pilot Precada 2s after this cos the Dragons can be pretty hard and somehow at 20% thread left the car changes directions very reluctantly. I got a nice price for the Precadas at RM520 per piece for 225/45/17s in this Michelin shop in Desa Sri Hartamas. My set of tyres are there already and I should be changing in a week or two.

oooo ...poser ah :D ...then any tyre oso can as long is a 18 ...hehe...

bro, u need to add bodykits, lower the car, angel eyes, etc... then be a 100% effective poser. Come join mutiara damansara TT every friday 11pm and u can see lots of nice E46 :yahoo:

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Jul 4 2006, 08:20 PM
Just my personal view, I think the SP9000 is crap! I used 2 sets before and it's bad in the wet, noisy and doesn't last at all. The Pirelli Dragons I got after the SP9000s were a lot better in dry and wet (good levels of grip) and lasted much much longer with even wear. However, I'm gonna change to Michelin Pilot Precada 2s after this cos the Dragons can be pretty hard and somehow at 20% thread left the car changes directions very reluctantly. I got a nice price for the Precadas at RM520 per piece for 225/45/17s in this Michelin shop in Desa Sri Hartamas. My set of tyres are there already and I should be changing in a week or two.
Good price for the Preceda 2. I was quoted RM620 for 225/50ZR16!

Originally posted by ylkhor@Jul 4 2006, 09:21 PM
oooo ...poser ah :D ...then any tyre oso can as long is a 18 ...hehe...

bro, u need to add bodykits, lower the car, angel eyes, etc... then be a 100% effective poser. Come join mutiara damansara TT every friday 11pm and u can see lots of nice E46 :yahoo:
bro,
is this one of your famous ' racuning' move? it wont have any efffect on me one la...

nothing to add on to the current ride now, beside getting a new set of tyres for ' her' while last month already spent 400 plus pounds on new leather trimming.

tt.. i would love to but i cant make it anymore as i ll be leaving soon, on thursday, perhaps next time ya!

thanks

just check online to see how much,

the dunlop sp 9000 will cost me 490 pounds with all services plus tax, come to my place and fix it with tyre disposal.

other brand like conti would come cost about 550... since i dont know much
i thought can save up 60 quid!

what do you guys think of falken? cheaper than dunlop?

from the thread, the sp 9000 doesnt seems to impress a lot of forumers

i guess lasting tyre plus quietness is my main priority

SP9000 are POS tires.

Never put them on your car unless you want it for high milege.

Only good for that, oh and also as an anchor for a sampan.

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Jul 4 2006, 12:20 PM
Guess what... I decided to give myself a treat today cos feeling depressed and got my new tyres installed. I finally paid only RM490 for each new Michelin Pilot Precada 2 (PP2). I was a bit skeptical but checked the tyres thoroughly and they were new with manufacturing date May 2006. It could be Thailand tyres? Compared to the Pirelli Dragons I had earlier, the Michelins had much better damping and pliancy, so this confirms what a lot of people say about high levels of comfort and quietness. I haven't quite tested grip levels cos it's just a day old on my car but one playful twitch revealed it should have good grip. Just hope the softer compound don't cause excessive wear rate. The Dragons were superb, it lasted more than 2 freaking years! Unbelievable!! BTW, I got my tyres at the Michelin shop in Desa Sri Hartamas, at Jalan 28/70A. They're a bunch of nice fellas and you might get a good deal as I have. I paid using credit card without extra charge summore!

Originally posted by safri@Jul 6 2006, 01:41 PM
. i just changed my rears (255/35 18') from so3 to ps2, will keep everyone updated after few days.
how much dude? :D

Top Bottom