Dubai roaming... how much??!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

meesuhaimee

Club Guest
hi guys, really need some advices here regarding the roaming….Im going to Dubai next month and still wondering which services should I get got it's in Middle East???Anyone have experience can tell is it cheaper??? to go Dubai then just to get the data roaming there or get it from here before i go????

If you are using local telco to roam there, then you better call your operator a week before you leave. Most have roaming promos. If u use Digi, make sure they turn off your voicemail because their retarded system actually charges you international rates for each voicemail saved even if the originating call is from here.

hello brother...

word of advice, better turn off your data roaming when u go there!

if not, later you bill swell up like crazy don't come to me and cry hahhaha :D

then u will spend more on bill than spending money for holiday lol.

zhul;755238 said:
If you are using local telco to roam there, then you better call your operator a week before you leave. Most have roaming promos. If u use Digi, make sure they turn off your voicemail because their retarded system actually charges you international rates for each voicemail saved even if the originating call is from here.

totally agreed with what u said..been there done it and not good for my pocket !!!

If you're using Maxis, you can roam using Etisalat when in Dubai. It's RM48 for 20MB. Not much, as in some countries, you pay RM38 for unlimited data per day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well it's depending on yourself la…how long you will be away and the usage la….
last time I wen to Bahrain and tried to used my previous telco service... but when arrive they said that telco is not their partner then cannot activated for me...OMG...
So I now im using Celcom Unlimited Data Roaming whenever I go oversea and no problem anymore…

Go buy Etisalat sim card easier and cost bout RM50...its cheaper than roaming Msian number over there...

btw, using Maxis prepaid will give u free roaming whenever u go & no charges when received sms...but to send sms is about RM2/sms if not mistaken...

pikochew;755639 said:
Well it's depending on yourself la…how long you will be away and the usage la….
last time I wen to Bahrain and tried to used my previous telco service... but when arrive they said that telco is not their partner then cannot activated for me...OMG...
So I now im using Celcom Unlimited Data Roaming whenever I go oversea and no problem anymore…

Ya lor brother totally agree with you!
the best part about this is no commitment needed and no subscription fees…
As a cabin crew, I always goes around the world but only stay for few days at each stop….so it really suits me because
only RM 38 per day whenever I use it hahaha.
you can check out the list of the countries and their partner telco hope it helps la!
http://www.celcom.com.my/international/rates-data.html

I agree with kolamp.

Buy a prepaid SIM whenever you travel. Way cheaper than roaming.

wah clow78,…. its covered 58 countries ??!!
thats a great new for me… as I addicted to Facebook nowadays and need to connected to Facebook always…. Without it I felt stranded lol
Thanks for all ur advise here!!!its really help!!

Rival to Etisalat is 'Du'. You may find both kiosks to get access with the visitor SIM.

Top Bottom