DRY Cell battery

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

RedZ4

Club Guest
Hey everyone,Its time to replace my battery on the old E30. Now, since I've never had this replaced on the bimmer, I'm asking the forum for some help in sourcing one.Firstly, how much does a dry cell battery cost? What model or type doe a jetronic E30 use?I've been getting quotes but they are several hundred ringgit each.Now, should I go with the dry cell (maintenance free) battery or stick with the current 'wet-cell' battery?Thanks.

I tot even the MF is also called Sealed Lead Acid Battery. A real dry cell will be very expensive. am i correct?

Originally posted by ace99@May 29 2006, 04:45 PM
I tot even the MF is also called Sealed Lead Acid Battery. A real dry cell will be very expensive. am i correct?
You could be right. I've never really opened a dry cell battery for shits and giggles.
Basically, how much is the Maintenance Free battery?

i seen they opened the supposed BMW Battery from AB CKD Cars, u tear the sticker, it is actually normal Sealed Lead Acid battery.

E30 battery i would think is around less than 200, again i dunno prices that well.
:D

Use maintenance free is better because the acid type cause the E30 body rusted badly..

i have Original Hoppeckee 12V 74AH 760EN(A) Dry Cell battery imported from Germany, it fit E30 as well.

let me know if you interested.

Cheers*

I thought any din 60 would do (either dry or wet). Better to have dry. Got mine Century MF supposedbly made in Korea and suitable for planes for RM250.

Originally posted by Bmmad318i@May 30 2006, 11:35 AM
Changed mine early this yr to GP maintenance free at RM220.
Thats cheap man... I bought a dn66 for my E24 in 2004 for Rm425, did i get ripped off??

Changed mine with MF battery from Optimum Kayu Ara last 2 weeks @ RM250. Can't remember the brand name. Dunno whether the price is ok or not, cos no choice at that moment...battery kong!!

got my yuasa normal din60 batts @ rm150...
coz i knw the local distributor so i get it at distributor price...
the shop is in ss16 pj...

anything pm me...

rgds,
-brad-

Top Bottom