Dropping in to say hello again / Quick question

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zammie

Club Guest
Hi everyone, good to be back on this forum. Lots of new faces and many old ones too, still giving good advice on UDMs :D Was off the forum for a long while of peaceful BMW ownership...kekekeJust got back my 325i after a week off the road... water pump died during CNY and I had to leave it by the road in Bangsar until M Speed opened yesterday! A check of my receipts tell me that I've spent RM11k in nearly 1 year of owning my E46. Just wondering what is the average spent a year on maintenence and repair by forummers here? Care to share?

Thanks Hammer!

Mirzhan, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! Hehehe. Soon I won't be able tell if the tears from my eyes are from joy or shock :D

Glamzgirlz, what's ur ride now?

mizhan;495217 said:
most of us dare not tally the bills :D

bro, you n my friends in sban scare me.....especially owners of 4 potters.....I think i better take better care of my old faithfull UDM !!!

zammie,
me also like to share with u and others here
i kept all the expenses/maintenance data since 07-09 classified as exterior/beatification mod, ice, rim&tyreand service/maitenance
and the summary as follow
Y1(2007) = total RM15,699.00 service/maintenance only 5084.00
Y2(2008) = total RM23,356.00 service/maintenance only 14,116.00 ( change more parts )
Y3(2009) = total RM36,681.00 service/maintenance only 7,415.00
average per month Y1(RM1,308.00), Y2(RM1,946.00),Y3(RM3,056.00)
my xpenses on ice that cos figures high
hope can share with others in gud way
thanks

abuhasan;495374 said:
zammie,
me also like to share with u and others here
i kept all the expenses/maintenance data since 07-09 classified as exterior/beatification mod, ice, rim&tyreand service/maitenance
and the summary as follow
Y1(2007) = total RM15,699.00 service/maintenance only 5084.00
Y2(2008) = total RM23,356.00 service/maintenance only 14,116.00 ( change more parts )
Y3(2009) = total RM36,681.00 service/maintenance only 7,415.00
average per month Y1(RM1,308.00), Y2(RM1,946.00),Y3(RM3,056.00)
my xpenses on ice that cos figures high
hope can share with others in gud way
thanks

Fuhyoo! Mahalnya! Kereta apa ni?

since our fellow zammie spent abut 11k for nearly a year
i dun feel much guilty on my xpenses on my coupe

abuhasan;495389 said:
since our fellow zammie spent abut 11k for nearly a year
i dun feel much guilty on my xpenses on my coupe

I spent less than RM10K for my 2001 E39 for the last 4 years.

year 2 i spent alot on changing new parts i.e. alternator/cooling system etc.
thats y the following year reduced to 50%
but early this year msport coupe's absorber cos me headache again...

Thanks for sharing guys! Looking at my bills again I guess abt 2/3 of my 11k went to 'must change' and rest went to 'better change now before they break' items.

Thanks abuhasan - really useful info there!

same as per u zammie,
'must change & got u change' parts
mmg dh dinamakan B-M-W
yg pnting tu results after changing parts
dan selamat djalanan....

owing a bmw less than a year, u guys scare me lah.. hopefully big2 problem doesn't happen to mine..

just for sharing purpose
take it thru positive way
rasa2 maintenance wise bknlh byk sgt dan berbaloi bbnding jenama B-M-W
always go for BMW's mechanics don't ever try2 any shop even for wheel alignment

safuanorsham;495638 said:
owing a bmw less than a year, u guys scare me lah.. hopefully big2 problem doesn't happen to mine..

safuan,

have u done up ur gb or get 2nd opinion. dont wait laa......ulcer can become a cyst or fybroid or worst cancerous.

just a 2 cent reminder fr unker....

AAM;495674 said:
safuan,

have u done up ur gb or get 2nd opinion. dont wait laa......ulcer can become a cyst or fybroid or worst cancerous.

just a 2 cent reminder fr unker....

hi uncle.. tadi went to ah kok, check 4 handbrake.. brake shoe worn out, tomorrow will be at ah kok workshop again to replace..
hope uncle will be there also.. hehe
Gb not done yet, x sempatla uncle.. nak pegi keje dah..

The way I see it buying a (used) BMW is like getting a girlfriend - you can't tell if she is 'high maintenence' :D Once you get it, stick with it lor, although sometimes your sanity questions that... kekeke

Having said that, the general idea I get is once you've changed 'everything that needs to be changed' it should not kacau for a long while la. Hope some of the elders here can verify that!

Glamzgirlz - lucky you :)

Top Bottom