Does E46 Fuel Filler Door Has Locking Device?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mkmy

Club Guest
salami just don't know whether the fuel filler door of e46 2003 model (ckd) can be locked or not as mine can simply be flipped open by pressing onto it. if yes, how much would i have to anticipate to rectify it?tq/mkmy

yes, if the car is locked, the filler door should be locked too.

ps... we have the same colour :)

jarance;551158 said:
yes it has. See item 12.

check for loose connection or faulty actuator.

bro jarance / other sifus

is it easily DIY-able?

Item no 12 will poke into lobang number 3, to prevent lid from opening after car is lock.. :D :D

Unlock the car, open the fuel lid, lock the car and see the Item 12 is poking out. It should. If it doesn't, then need to check Item 12 liao.

mkmy;551828 said:
bro jarance / other sifus

is it easily DIY-able?

If you can differentiate a spanner and a screwdriver, then it is DIY-able.

Problem is to see whether it is faulty or not. You can the spare part from AB or chopshop.

Step/Procedure.
1. Open rear boot.
2. Remove hard cover on the right side of boot (driver side). You might have to remove some clips to do it.
3. Use a touch light and locate the retaining bolts. You might have to use a torq allen key (six sided star) to remove the bolts.
4. Remove connector to the actuator.
5. Swap the actuator and check it.
6. If all check OK, re-assemble in reverse order.

jarance;551877 said:
If you can differentiate a spanner and a screwdriver, then it is DIY-able.

Problem is to see whether it is faulty or not. You can the spare part from AB or chopshop.

Step/Procedure.
1. Open rear boot.
2. Remove hard cover on the right side of boot (driver side). You might have to remove some clips to do it.
3. Use a touch light and locate the retaining bolts. You might have to use a torq allen key (six sided star) to remove the bolts.
4. Remove connector to the actuator.
5. Swap the actuator and check it.
6. If all check OK, re-assemble in reverse order.

hi

after more than a year, eventually i got my fuel lid locked again. few days ago, sourced a new actuator from Bavarian Auto for RM180 and DIY it. my old actuator is still working well, except that the plunger (tip of the protruding plastic stick as per item 12) was broken.

thanks also to bro lionel for his advice to get it locked.

tq/mkmy

thats because some of us will fill petrol leaving the nozzle , lock the car and go into the stations shop and walla, the bangla or indon there will close the lid while the car is still locked..haizz..happened to me twice and nowadays i make sure I handle it myself. lucky my plunger never break.

previously i cant open item number 9...haishhh.
got cars cue some more behind me..after a few try right n left pulas.then okay..pheww.

need to check my fuel filler door too..

Just sharing, if the fuel door actuator fail on you, the lock can be released manually by pulling item 17 from inside the boot. Found out about it while installing the reverse camera. Will try to find/take picture of this.

it's the green plastic
!B68nd(!!mk~$(KGrHqR,!lUEy+jCyZskBMyySB!Vtw~~_3.JPG

Top Bottom