Do I have Nav in my E60?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ieweey

Club Guest
Hi! Just bought a used E60, awaiting delivery. I had someone do a print out for me on the specs, and there's option 8SA - Country spec release of Navigation. Does that mean I have Nav or no Nav?I'm thinking it could end up being like phone prep & CD changer prep- means there's no phone or CD changer!Also how can I tell whether I've got bluetooth?Disappointing that a car of this caliber doesn't even have cruise control or the front armrest as standard... :(

Did you not have a look at the car before you bought it? If so, you surely would know whether you have satnav or not. Also, I thought cruise control and the armrest is a standard feature. From where did your bimmer come from? And what model is it?

Used 525. Bought through a friend; used import. Didn't know much about these cars so didn't really bother looking. So what do people do with the older cars without Nav? Do I need to change the whole CCC like the Jap cars?

What about cars delivered new by AB? Did the earlier 03-04 cars come with Nav? What options are available if not? Thanks!

Sat Nav needs antenna to communicate with the satellite and its the "shark fin" on top of the rear window. Do u see them on yours? If you see one, then good chance of having Sat Nav unless its a fake fin..

Got iDrive on your central console with the LCD on the dash? Scroll over the menu and it should be there.

All E60 have shark fin I believe. So you won't know if you have the satnav antenna there unless you open it up to check. Anyway, there are too many variables at this point in time. Why not just wait until you collect the car and then let us know your real situation. A proper solution can be given then.

If you're buying from friend, then asking him some basic details would help:

1. Year of manufacture
2. Origin of car (e.g. Japan, UK, South Africa)

Top Bottom