Distinctive BMW smell

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crusher

Club Guest
When I got my first BMW , a E34, it had a distinctive smell. Some people refer to it as the BMW smell as all BMW have it. Since it is an old car, I know the previous owner was using some kind of spray or maybe leather cleaning solution. I really love that smell.Anyone know which product give that kind of smell?

my advice is clean up the whole interior wit only water wet cloth, and figure out the next day hi hi

p/s: i hate carwash fella's applying their lemon smelling dashboard shine

deep3102;543270 said:
i love that smell too..especially after leaving the car closed for some time..

ha ha...yea man..that's what i sometimes do.....leave the car unattended for 3 days or so...then you open the door on the 4th day...wala :D sniff sniff. It's because we're immune to the smell dy if drive everytime. So if once in a while change car, and go back into UDM, you'll still can smell it.

i used to do this, pick up a friend once in a while, and ask eh you can still smell the BM smell ah? they always say can...but my nose is immune to it dy so kenot smell. :(

I also tried this, wind down all your screen (sunroof also if got) and dry the car under the hot sun. Best is to have all door open when you do that. Next day, the smell is so so strong! :D :D

Revmesh;543484 said:
my advice is clean up the whole interior wit only water wet cloth, and figure out the next day hi hi

p/s: i hate carwash fella's applying their lemon smelling dashboard shine

Does it this work? can tahan how long? :D

Kindly introduce yourself at the newbies section bro. Cheers.

i have this smell in my car now ...its new ...i am refusing to put any kind of polish in the interior for fear that the polish will cause this smell to disappear ...( i know , a lil paranoid)

anyone have any idea on whether there is an odorless interior cleaner out there ? to clean and maintain leather seats , dash board , wood like paneling ..etc ....

affan66;543639 said:
i use the BMW leather cleaner, lotion kit every 3 months.

Bro ,
Price ? and you get it off the counter from SC ?
is it odorless

it's got that bmw smell la. you can get it from the SC or spare parts shop. i think about rm100++ or so... lasts very long unless you apply every week la

bimmerholic;543488 said:
Does it this work? can tahan how long? :D

Kindly introduce yourself at the newbies section bro. Cheers.

intro'ed edy dude, thanks. well i don really get it, do u like the smell or wanna get rid of it? since i remember u writing that u really likes the smell. most of this european models have rather strong smell then the japanese counterparts, since they use really good material for the hefty price we pay (and continue to pay to maintain the car), the smell really comes from the dashboard behinds, i mean the inside, bach of the seat, the boot and to cut it short, it comes from everywhere the eye can't see. in time, this smell sticks to the whole interior.

the only way is to use a car freshener. it can mask the smell, really. i used magic 101 interior shine, and it doesn't give out any smell so far. for fabric seats, use febrez, really good stuff.

Guys, BECAREFUL.., i read somewhere that if you happen to park your bimmer or any other car under the sun, and when you open the door, if it smells a bit like benzene/petrol smell, then becareful as it may contain harmful toxic agent (that comes from the dashboard / lether seat ?-not sure though..)

So better to open the door first, let the toxic smell disappear, and dont ON the acond immediately. Drive with the window down for a few seconds to recirculate the trapped air inside..

Hope this info helps...

Revmesh;543707 said:
intro'ed edy dude, thanks. well i don really get it, do u like the smell or wanna get rid of it? since i remember u writing that u really likes the smell. most of this european models have rather strong smell then the japanese counterparts, since they use really good material for the hefty price we pay (and continue to pay to maintain the car), the smell really comes from the dashboard behinds, i mean the inside, bach of the seat, the boot and to cut it short, it comes from everywhere the eye can't see. in time, this smell sticks to the whole interior.

the only way is to use a car freshener. it can mask the smell, really. i used magic 101 interior shine, and it doesn't give out any smell so far. for fabric seats, use febrez, really good stuff.

I love the smell bro and want to restore the smell to its full glory. Not get rid of it...:)

I've got the smell but just that it's not as strong.

Top Bottom