different between BMW spec. and fucntion

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

drken80

Club Guest
Hello Sifus,I'm new here and planing to buy a BMW E46 either 318 or 325.Now what I want to know is what is japan spec?Any different between japan and local model? Why those japan spec sellling quite cheap?Any spec different or minimum accesorries ??Another things is what is STEPTRONIC,VALVETRONIC,DOUBLE VENOS???which one better and what are the different. I've notice that those with double vanos are much more exepensive? All also running on same size of engine capacity either 2.0 or 2.5 or maybe 2.8? but why some install with those STEPTRONIC,VALVETRONIC,DOUBLE VENOS???Please advise so that I won't regret buying my BMW...heard alot bad thing bout fixing and repairing BMW scared......charges $$$ also heavy...thanks

Originally posted by soorian@Nov 22 2005, 10:24 AM
Introduce yourself 1st la Brader.... :p
Huh, have to intro arr?? what for?

anyway I'm Ken from KL who doesn't own a Beemer yet. Looking for it
So is that enough? So now can you please answer my question before I put my leg into a deep hole??

Anyway how's is your BMW? Give you problem?? Please share.

of course lah have to intro.... how to help if we dont know you right??? if you intro, help akan datang mencurah curah, macam hujan lebat sewaktu monsoon...... B)

ps you can use the newbie section to intro yourself...... :D

Originally posted by DingChavez@Nov 23 2005, 10:17 AM
of course lah have to intro.... how to help if we dont know you right??? if you intro, help akan datang mencurah curah, macam hujan lebat sewaktu monsoon...... B)

ps you can use the newbie section to intro yourself...... :D
OIC.....

ok ok I re-intro myself, I'm Ken from KL ,chinese male, Looking for a BMW E46 318 or 325.

But still blur on Japan spec and Uk specs after reading few thread.

Is a good things that now I know that the radiator spare tank need to be change on certain milage and the price for radiator is quite awsome... :)

SO all the sifu here please advise. which ,where, the reasonable price to purchase a beemer....let me be a member of your team,....... :yes!:

Alot of places I notice are selling japan specs, issit ok if i purchase it let say at damansara damai SG ,the one I see in motortrade ....with the sales men named Andy Koh. It seems like there got alot of model .....???? please advise

hey dude! wassup :p

just check on the AP year and year of manufacturer when buying at SG. They've been known to bring in newer cars but using old APs. This might affect the re-sale value i was told. Keep an eye out.

Originally posted by Straightsixers@Nov 23 2005, 06:55 PM
just check on the AP year and year of manufacturer when buying at SG. They've been known to bring in newer cars but using old APs. This might affect the re-sale value i was told.
Never knew that! How so? Tot re-sale value would be based on year of manufacture & registration? :dunno:

Learn something new from here all the time! :yahoo:

Top Bottom