Diff between M-Sport and Non M-Sport

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

takwee

Club Guest
Hi all!! I am a newbie here and actually looking for a 318i facelifted or 325 non facelifted. The problem i am facing is that I do not know the diff between m sport and non m sport. Maybe the sifus here can enlighten me?? I know about the power diff, but I am actually more into looks, power is secondary. Maintenance will be cheaper for a 318 from what i read here. Pls help!!!

If power is secondary, then go for stock and add bodykit as you go along.

The MSport version include udgrade rim, suspension, shock, door still trim, panel trim..

B33mEr;377524 said:
i dun think there is a power difference between M-Sport and Non M-Sport (only in USA i think) difference include wheels, suspension, interior trim (black cube or silver cube), steering wheel and so on. Please check the bimmer wiki at http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php?title=BMW_E46 for more info :D

yes got diff in bhp. bmw won't con ppl into paying so much for cosmetics only.

jarance;377595 said:
err.. how much HP difference? :listen:

sorry can't remember the numbers, do a search - something will come up..i'll post if i come across it

guru;377588 said:

If got they will proudly advertise it to get more people to fork out the extra money. For the E90 320i M sport at least they did advertise 6 extra HP. For E46 dun have difference. If anything a stock non-M sport 325i will out sprint it in a straight line due to smaller and lighter wheels and less drag from smaller contact patch tyres (i.e. reason drag cars have skinny front tyres).

guru;377588 said:

An ///M performance front control arm, coils and absorber are only for cosmetics and not for performance??? u sure or not bro???

As far as I know, BMW MSport is not //M, so engine is the same.. the extra 6hp available in the E90 320i MSport also is available in the 2008 320i stock model.

MSport in BMW is just suspension upgrade, bodykit, bigger wheels and maybe anti roll bar, steering, seat, door step, Xenon on the E46?

The later E90 LCI 325i only available in MSport, the normal sedan is only 323i.. but u can get 325i normal E90 sedan pre-2008 models..

Wow, there are simply no concrete conclusion on the matter. I have been toying with the idea of getting a non facelift 325 as compared to a facelifted 318. Price wise is about the same, it's just that I can"t trust the mileage advertised. 70K++ for a 2001 325 with no service record?????? How can that be right? I actually found 2 of them that is within that mileage? Trustworthy??

Astroboy: "MSport in BMW is just suspension upgrade, bodykit, bigger wheels and maybe anti roll bar, steering, seat, door step, Xenon on the E46?" That's a whole loota items bro, not just "just".

hello to all sifu here , i just found a e46 318 msport year manufatured is 2000 but register at 2003 japan spec with m bodykit, m steering, mbucket seat, m sport rim and the milleage is about 125k the owner offer me 78k its worth to buy

bryankok;381462 said:
hello to all sifu here , i just found a e46 318 msport year manufatured is 2000 but register at 2003 japan spec with m bodykit, m steering, mbucket seat, m sport rim and the milleage is about 125k the owner offer me 78k its worth to buy

at dat price range i think you could do better:wink:

?

bryankok;381462 said:

it would be a good deal if it's a facelift.

also look out for the 3 headrests at the back seat - only msport got this feature and many dealers try to fool people into paying msport prices don't install the 3rd headrest cos it's just too expensive.

guru;381499 said:
it would be a good deal if it's a facelift.

also look out for the 3 headrests at the back seat - only msport got this feature and many dealers try to fool people into paying msport prices don't install the 3rd headrest cos it's just too expensive.

it depends on d year ...model year 2002/3 doesn't have d 3rd headrest and yet it's a msport model so please check with www.realoem.com for verification :D

takwee;379081 said:
Wow, there are simply no concrete conclusion on the matter. I have been toying with the idea of getting a non facelift 325 as compared to a facelifted 318. Price wise is about the same, it's just that I can"t trust the mileage advertised. 70K++ for a 2001 325 with no service record?????? How can that be right? I actually found 2 of them that is within that mileage? Trustworthy??

wow... the price you are getting are cheap.. i supposed.. i just bought my 325, 2002 facelifted for RM110... anyway, get the car to the Autobavaria or workshop u know of to check on the milieage

E46Fanatic;377602 said:
If got they will proudly advertise it to get more people to fork out the extra money. For the E90 320i M sport at least they did advertise 6 extra HP. For E46 dun have difference. If anything a stock non-M sport 325i will out sprint it in a straight line due to smaller and lighter wheels and less drag from smaller contact patch tyres (i.e. reason drag cars have skinny front tyres).

yes they did when i bought mine. i did the research.

i wouldn't pay extra just for some nice steering wheel and bumpers

takwee;379081 said:

yes there is- i AM an owner. and there IS a performance difference between msport and non-m sport. you'll just have to drive both to compare for yourself.

mileage? sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you kena con. what can i say? there's many threads dedicated to this topic.

try what feels and looks right, get some knowledgeable advice and make your choices.

good luck

Top Bottom