Denso Iridium Suitable For E46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

KelvinTeoh

Banned
Denso Iridium Plug is it really good for BMW E46?Anybody install before?Any command in Between Borsh Platinum or Denso Iridum?

plug

Kelvin,

I just changed mine to Denso Iridium.
FYI, Platinum have a lower melting temp approx 19++ degree C & iridium approx 2+++ degreee. Mainly is the electrode Iridim produces the finest electrode 0.4mm Platinum 2.7mm much thicker. Denso managed to produced the ultra fine electrode compare to NGK 0.7mm Result so far is OK. But price wise is more expensive.:D

NGK BKR6EQUP (Platinum)
NGK BKR 6EIX (Iridium)
Denso IK20 (Iridium)

wlchong77,

thanks for the info, but when I read the thread parts and maintenance I found that some is changing their sparks to bosch platinum 4 leg... but whn I went to jln ipoh the dealer gave me chart and he says that the 4 leg platin never exist... is this true? by the way how does it effect the performance? 1- 2 hp?

Does the iridium has 4 leg?.. Can you advise me where is the reasonable denso iridium to buy?

Thanks mate

I changed mine to Volker Iridium.....power wise...butt dyno says EXCELLENT...its already been 3 years on it and my latest engine oil change says i need a new pair...temporary using the 4-legged Beru plugs.....my power disappeared...

Was using DEnso Iridium for 2 years...no complaints and the response/smoothness was much better than previous Bosch...changed to Volker Iridium Double Tips on Saturday morning, and car feels even smoother and more responsive....but it could just be psychosomatic...:wink:

I'm also running on Volker Iridium Spec II - excellent plugs, you will be able to feel the added responsiveness/torque.... highly recommended!

Hi Guys,

I am about to change my plugs, check at Denso but confused due to BMW E46 N42 was not in their list...

What about Volker, was it 4 legged? How much?NGK cost RM82 each at AB.

Zulkefle

Platinum plugs wears as fast as normal plugs, if not faster but their resistance is lower than normal plugs. So technically, should perform better.

Iridium plug has higher wear tolerance and these plugs manufacturer recommends 100k km replacement interval. That's why they cost a lot more.

Which Iridium is better? I have read a comparison between Denso and NGK Iridium and the result is go for NGK because their resistance variance from one plug to another is lower, in other words, more consistent compare to Denso. U want to avoid plugs with large variance in resistance between plugs.

When u installing 4 or 6 new plugs, you want all plugs to have equally strong ignition. If one of them is stronger or weaker, it will dampen the rhythm of the engine. Thus performance suffers!

And trust me, you don't want to check ur plugs every 100k km. That's way too long. Its a good practice to inspect your plugs on every service and see how well each combustion chamber is performing. Too rich, too lean, too much carbon, too much wear and so forth. A responsible mechanic would do it for u. Don't quote me.. :p

Just sharing... no UDM yet.. :(

Silver;257164 said:
I'm also running on Volker Iridium Spec II - excellent plugs, you will be able to feel the added responsiveness/torque.... highly recommended!

Silver! where do you get the plugs and how much does it cost? Astroboy just compared NGK with Denso, so how does Volker stand?

Volker is distributed by Speedworks. Where ever sell K&N, u will be able to find Volker, or AXT brake disc rotor and few other Speedworks products.

Buy it at Speedworks, you have to pay list price. Try ENEOS..

Why Volker? May I know?

So many other brands like HKS, Champion, Autolite, Splitfire etc..

And why Iridium? The only reason someone use Iridium is it last 100k km. Just my unfounded opinion.

Checked the Volker iridium sparkplug is only RM30.00 per pc, why is so cheap as compared to NGK RM82? any imitation sparkplug around in the market and wish SIFU to share with me on this matter....

hassnur;707149 said:
Checked the Volker iridium sparkplug is only RM30.00 per pc, why is so cheap as compared to NGK RM82? any imitation sparkplug around in the market and wish SIFU to share with me on this matter....

Hi bro may i know where did you saw that?

Speedworks has stop selling Volker Iridium plugs ... Anyone knows where we can get it in KL/Sel?

B33mEr;710527 said:
Hi bro may i know where did you saw that?

Speedworks has stop selling Volker Iridium plugs ... Anyone knows where we can get it in KL/Sel?

Hi B33mer, Munich Auto jln segambut off jln Ipoh

I changed to Denso Iridium last week at a shop in Sunway. The chap told me that Iridium plugs are more for Japanese cars and not for Continental cars because it has a red spark compared to blue spark required for Continental cars. Anyway, the stock plug has run about 50,000km and I thought might as well change so decided to try it out. Definitely feel a bit more responsiveness but can't really verify if it was due to the old plugs needing a change. Sent an email to Denso to clarify if it is not recommended for Continental cars and I do not know if I will get a reply :)

Hi fren..just want to know..how much is the price for Denso Iridium..coz i just call BA Maluri they only sell original spark plug RM74/pc..

Top Bottom