Dastek Dynometer in Sg.Ara, Penang

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

8080pbmw

Club Guest
Guys, I believe most of the Penang petrol head has heard about the Dastek Dynometer at Northern Garage in Sungai Ara. So as my office is just across the road, I thought of just kepo kepo to ask about the price for Dyno our UDM to see how have horses have escape since it left the factory. I didn't ask too much detail about it. What I found out from the 10 min chat is... (1) Dyno to find out your engine/wheel's BHP is RM120.00 for up to three runs.(2) For 5 vehicles and above. We can get a group dyno discount which will cost RM 100 for up to three runs.(3) Unichip tuning RM1999 or RM2099. I am clueless on what is the differences between the two, but of course dyno will be included. So anyone interested? Group Dyno?? :D or if anyone is going to put their car on this engine lie detector, do inform me as I want to kepo kepo again. I have heard the engine roar of RX8, Evo, Subaru...etc. but so far no bimmer yet. Cheers.:D :D

8080pbmw;212802 said:
Guys,

I believe most of the Penang petrol head has heard about the Dastek Dynometer at Northern Garage in Sungai Ara.

So as my office is just across the road, I thought of just kepo kepo to ask about the price for Dyno our UDM to see how have horses have escape since it left the factory.

I didn't ask too much detail about it. What I found out from the 10 min chat is...

(1) Dyno to find out your engine/wheel's BHP is RM120.00 for up to three runs.
(2) For 5 vehicles and above. We can get a group dyno discount which will cost RM 100 for up to three runs.
(3) Unichip tuning RM1999 or RM2099. I am clueless on what is the differences between the two, but of course dyno will be included.

So anyone interested? Group Dyno?? :D

or if anyone is going to put their car on this engine lie detector, do inform me as I want to kepo kepo again.

I have heard the engine roar of RX8, Evo, Subaru...etc. but so far no bimmer yet.

Cheers.:D :D

wat is unichip tuning:confused: can make our car churn out more bhp:confused:

Unichip is an ECU remap/re-chip. Can be customised, usually based on dyno readings so they will know which rpm point to lean out or to enrich the mixture, and also if there's knocking, where to retard or advance the ignition timing...

So, Alan, going for unichip? Anyhow, do a baseline dyno first, before any performance mod to the engine... then you will know for sure how much is the gain.

Alan, real careful of your upgrade......SMG !!!!!

It has already tuned perfectly, if never upgrade any performance parts, stick to stock, don't look for trouble.

E36 and E46 is a totally different ball to play.

Oops, Alan, sorry, Unichip is not an ECU remap/rechip, it's a piggyback ECU, just plug and play, errr, not quite, more like plug, dyno-tune and play... Dastek carries Unichip... more details here:

http://www.dastek.co.uk/

So Alan, how much horses do you think are still in that SMG of yours? you have done any mod? I believe the open pot air filter and free flow exhaust system will gain your SMG BHP. Too bad I can't say that to auto.

Alan, your heart still beeping fast from the other night ? :eek: :eek: Well you will get used it after sometime.

let have more TT, we will racun you kau-kau....Want you to be the only one in Pg have one kind of Sexy-Monster-Guy (SMG).....:D :D :D

8080pbmw;213896 said:
So Alan, how much horses do you think are still in that SMG of yours? you have done any mod? I believe the open pot air filter and free flow exhaust system will gain your SMG BHP. Too bad I can't say that to auto.

Install switch logic la...........

I must say that the manual gearbox brings out the most of any engine especially our in-line 6 cylinder high torque machine.
It's just another beast. Steven Misfire, SNChin, KKO, Alan SMG, LCP and not forgeting Jacky's ex-3.0 325i...your car rock.
BTW Alan, managed to do the launch control? must be ton of fun with SMG.
Cheers.

errr....one question. This dyno-test can tell our car FC ka?? :confused: Mine recently was a bit high than usual. Just to make sure by facts. :D

thank u

Should be a yes, but it will be for full throttle fuel consumption. For many dyno types, they will usually stick a sensor up the exhaust to measure the air-fuel ratio, and there will be an air-fuel ratio graph plotted too. If you are running rich or lean or just nice, it will show. The sensor will detect unburn oxygen and hydrocarbons.

Of course, if you have the money (dyno session's not cheap) and time, you can ask them to do light throttle "cruising" dyno, and see the air-fuel ratio.

To add a bit, in fact, it is this air-fuel ratio graph that is used to fine-tune further the engine management (fuel maps, ignition timing, etc), mostly to gain max torque and power, and lessen the risk of detonation (knocking) for reliability at WOT (wide open throttle)... surely no one wants their engine to blow up when pushed hard.

are they any good to read and unstand the graph, what need to be done and fine tune to full advantages, we are talking abt skill here not just a piece of paper.

You cannot fine tune anything on stock ECU, unless you change to a programmable ECU, or get some sifu to edit the ECU fuel/ignition map and flash into a new chip, like my Satria. Else hafta buy things like Unichip piggyback ECU which is programmable. Reading and understanding the graph... no idea yet on their skills, but for my Satria I will interpret the graphs myself and take it back to Matspeed in Shah Alam if needed for a remap. For my E36, I just want to get a baseline reading, not planning to tune anything since nothing can be tuned on the spot.

Setting up for dyno may require some skills, but once they can get proper and good traction from your driving wheels on the rollers, you should be okay. Next will be how well the dyno is calibrated. Apart from that there shouldn't be much problems. Of course, if they are clever, they can "cheat" you, when doing baseline dyno, they may not set your car up properly on the rollers, or they can tweak some "correction factor", to give you a lower reading, all in the hope that they can sell you their tuning products...

i heard that there are not only do dyno but also sell some after market piggyback. anyone can comfirm this ?

Yes, they sell and tune Unichip... that's the piggyback ECU.

E3six;213927 said:
Alan, your heart still beeping fast from the other night ? :eek: :eek: Well you will get used it after sometime.

let have more TT, we will racun you kau-kau....Want you to be the only one in Pg have one kind of Sexy-Monster-Guy (SMG).....:D :D :D

errmmmm.......Sexy-Monster-Guy seems more like errmmm......ermmmmmm...hmmm.........:rolleyes:

Top Bottom