Dashpanel not function

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zulkifli

Club Guest
Hi all....need advice from Sifu's.
After return back from holiday for 1 week....reconnect the battery, but my dash panel, head lamp, signal, radiator fan all not working. Any body can help me how to resolve.
Tq

can start car or not?if kenot,kompom battery kong.remove battery,send for charging and do a load test afterwards.if load test ok...can still use.if fail...battery change.

moots said:
can start car or not?if kenot,kompom battery kong.remove battery,send for charging and do a load test afterwards.if load test ok...can still use.if fail...battery change.
Yes I can crank the engine and already drive for about 10 km but worried due to temp gauge and radiator fan not working.

check fuse #10, 34 and 53 at the fuse box. It is located in the glove compartment.

The above fuses are for the instrument cluster.

btw, when you disconnect the battery terminals, which terminal did you disconnect? Positive or negative?

jarance said:
btw, when you disconnect the battery terminals, which terminal did you disconnect? Positive or negative?
I only disconnect negative terminal.

zulkifli said:
I only disconnect negative terminal.
Disconnect the negative is the correct way. Any luck with the fuse.

Just in case.. here is the fuse chart.

Zulu I had same problem. Ur instrument cluster power transformer (that's what I was told ) is kaput. I had mine repaired by a guy and works 100 % now but cost around rm 600. Pm me if you need repair contact .

jarance said:
check fuse #10, 34 and 53 at the fuse box. It is located in the glove compartment.

jarance said:

Dear Mr Jarance,
I inspect all the fuses and all OK.
I change new battery DIN 88 Bosh but no changes.
Is there any possibilities due to remote(diamond) kaput?.....mine got problem for door and boot open, only door lock(centre button) work fine.

OldmanBM said:
Zulu I had same problem. Ur instrument cluster power transformer (that's what I was told ) is kaput. I had mine repaired by a guy and works 100 % now but cost around rm 600. Pm me if you need repair contact .
Dear OldmanBM,
I browse on mudah....secondhand is around RM400 only, which is a better option ?

zulkifli said:
Dear Mr Jarance,
I inspect all the fuses and all OK.
I change new battery DIN 88 Bosh but no changes.
Is there any possibilities due to remote(diamond) kaput?.....mine got problem for door and boot open, only door lock(centre button) work fine.
check fuse #10, 34 and 43 at the fuse box. It is located in the glove compartment. opps I means 43 instead of 53..

btw, when you engage the handbrake, did the brake light comes ON?

That should check fuse 34.

jarance said:
btw, when you engage the handbrake, did the brake light comes ON?

That should check fuse 34.
I've checked all fuses, including 10, 34 and 43...all OK

I also saw in mudah but choose repair option because that option was faster and available immediately. The 600 also included a change on the rpm spring I was told. Results were very good,all within 24 hours. The thing about repair for me is that I can avoide the mileage temper light if you change the whole unit, and keep my mileage which is very low by normal std.
I guess at the end of day,you hv to make decision.....

Zul, is this the same problem as yours?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLn8XFkGoA

Another solution borrow from others in bimmerforum:

Ok so the same thing happened to me this morning. As some of you may know we've had a crazy amt of rain here in socal lately and I think that the moisture may be a culprit. Here are what my symptoms where and what I did to fix it:

Symptoms
* Speedo, Tach, Gas, Coolant Temp, MPG, Odo, gauges not working
* None of the steering wheel buttons are working
* Turn signals not working
* Fan works but A/C does not
* Radio works
* ABS and Seat Belt lights work
* Instrument cluster lights up

How I fixed it:

Tried to perform the Instrument Cluster Self Test (hold down the trip button, turn key to position 1) but that didn't do anything. VERY IMPORTANT: I then left the key in position 1 then opened up the fuse box and checked fuses 10, 34, and 43 by taking them out and putting them back in. All the fuses were fine BUT when I took out the last fuse (43) and put it back in I heard this strange motor sound and then magically the instrument cluster started working.

Top Bottom