Damn my long shaft is giving way..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ICEMAN 68;785651 said:
bro do what ...just hoist up ya car and try checking the rear drive shafts ...just try to put some pressure ( shaking/pulling it around ) and see if there are any free play there .... sometimes not all problems can be related to long shaft ...can even be the L / R drive shaft ...

when is your next visit here ? maybe i can let you use my long shaft and check if this is the cause before you pinned down further ...

Wah bro thats so nice of u, appreciate it .. Not sure at the moment bro will defiantly call u bro if theres any plans ..

5150;785649 said:
If no humming sound then IMO confirm it's the longshaft rubber coupling, the black flower-like rubber pad with some holes around it, just checked my bill the price ONLY RM160 and it's only a 2 hours simple job. So if this is the case you don't need to change your longshaft.

Sekrg ramai workshop suka kencing customer so better becareful bro!

TQ.

Really bro afew friends of mine also saying the same , will try to visit another workshop this weekand and lets see what he says..

There is a rubber mounting on the long shaft as well apart from the coupling. not very expensive parts but often overlooked

Decided to put and end for this trouble im having ,1st second gear vibrating not stim laaa!
so sent my car to open the shaft and change whats needed and most importantly take risk since the mechanic told me is 50/50 this it will solve till 100%..

unstopables_7;787677 said:
Decided to put and end for this trouble im having ,1st second gear vibrating not stim laaa!
so sent my car to open the shaft and change whats needed and most importantly take risk since the mechanic told me is 50/50 this it will solve till 100%..

So what was changed?

image_1354338127533529.jpg

thanks guys for the feedback..

pussy - really meh?cheaper than kl? i tought kl should get better price especially on the parts?

not bad yeah penang price.. finally solve my shafts issue car silky smooth now..but as the mechanic said its 50/50 during redline of 2-3 gear bout 6500rpm there is some sound, but luckily during normal drive and cruising its okay only happened when MSPORT button on..haha

Top Bottom