Current 528 or recond 535 UK specs?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmwjunkie

Club Guest
In a big dilemma, and I'm sure you guys can chip in and help me out: currently think of either a 2012 535 UK specs, done 11K km, with sunroof, 19" rims, or the local 528i, but comes with 3 years local warranty from BMW, what do you guys think? Both have pros and cons that I like, love the power of the 535, but the warranty issues bug me, and I think he idrive being from UK might not be as complete as the one offered by BMW locally (correct me if I'm wrong please). Any known issues with the N55 engine I should be worried about?On the other hand I also love the specs of the local 528i, BMW locally seems to have really thrown in everything but the kitchen sink, only thing missing to me is the sunroof and they want to charge 4K for a reverse camera which I feel should be standard!Also I love brushed aluminum cockpit on the 528, which is really cool, in contrast the 535 comes with walnut wood, wondering is there a place I can buy the original brushed aluminum parts and swap it? Any advise and comments are greatly appreciated

245bhp/350Nm/4inline twin scroll turbo vs 306bhp/400Nm/6inline……my choice is obvious…..the 535i

I think u can get the brushed aluminium trima for 4k. Wallah. Problem solved.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Cool, thank you Sarur2109, can you let me know where to buy it? Been scouting around the internet for it but no luck

My opinion is go for a new car rather then used.....what is the price difference? Since the new 528i comes with BSRI, you dont have to worry much. The LCI 528i looks cool with comfort access and also the digital speedometer looks amazing. No doubt the 535i gives you more power but its going to burnt more fuel. For sunroof? I hardly use it at all in my MPV as our weather is too hot and the sun is scorching burning hot. Since it is recond, please also check for leakage.

Hi Bro, I was in the same dilemma for a while especially if it is the first time to buy a recon car. But it comes down to what you really want. This is the 3rd Bimmer I bought over the last 5 years with the 1st two from autobavaria. The last model i had was a E60 3.0 6 in line 272HP, so my choice are quite obvious. As a matter of fact, the 535i is the mainstream of the 5 series fleet and a 300hp+ car, Sub 6 seconds car. Well....everything you can wish for a powerful, luxury sedan.

The car salesmen at Autobavaria, Wearnes will try to convince you not to go for a recon for reasons like reliability, bla bla......I always s find it contradicting as it is a same car model from the same company!! WTF......:)

On the question of ascertain the car's condition, I suggest to get a reliable mechanic that knows the BMW car well to give a honest opinion of the condition....always go for an independent source whenever possible.

If you share the passion for driving a high powered car, then the choice is obvious - 535i.

I know there is a 2013 White Color Active Hybrid with Wearnes that is selling for a good price ~ RM428k. It is basically a 535i with hybrid. I kind of like the car for a while until i saw the reduced boot space due to the battery which was a turn off to me.....

Good luck on making the best decisions.....:)

Top Bottom