cruise control with brake function

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

RedzaRed

hai everyone, i just want to ask. How does the cruise control with brake function works in the new 520d or any other model that have this function? Does the car brake by itself when approaching a car in front or we need to apply brake manually? anyone please tell me about this. thank you :)

Hahahaha first determine if the car has Active or Adaptive Cruise Control. Look up the car's user manual to see if your car has the feature. If try out then be careful don't go kiss the backside of the car in front.

i didn't get the car yet, just booked the car last week. so i read the spec n it has the cruise control with brake function that is why im asking about it hehe

My e90 have the same feature. It is not the adaptive auto cruise like the one fitted to 335/535 or the volvo's. It is basically an auto cruise with a braking function to maintain the speed you've set, likeif you're going downhill it will brake itself to slow down. If its the adaptive one you need a radar mounted at the front bumper to sense the traffic ahead.

Badrul,

Hahahaa very funny la u, what you described is basically how a basic cruise control works, nothing special about it.

haaa i see.. i thought the car will brake by itself when approaching a car ahead xD

This is how Cruise Control with Braking function as opposed to conventional cruise control is that when going downhill gradients, the car will brake to the selected speed set on the cruise control, where else, conventional cruise controls, speed will continue to increase even when going downhill.

RedzaRed said:
haaa i see.. i thought the car will brake by itself when approaching a car ahead xD
Well...now you can have adaptive cruise control on a BMW if you take the all new 740Li LCI! Finally BMW has it as standard BUT only for their top of the range model...looks like have to wait for the next gen 5 Series and see if BMW Malaysia will offer it.

Reason for BMW offering it now standard but only on the 740Li LCI model is because of the newly launched Merc S class...

bernardryan said:
Reason for BMW offering it now standard but only on the 740Li LCI model is because of the newly launched Merc S class...
Playing follow the leader as always...

Top Bottom